Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This does not always work, but I have noticed a correlation between when I tell a sad/sob story and a story that shows everything is going great.

On slow days if people ask I will tell customers today has been horribly slow. On good days I will tell them things are going great. I make less tips on good days and more tips on bad. So I am considering telling my customers that my day is terrible every day from here on out.

Anyone else, notice this already as well?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
This does not always work, but I have noticed a correlation between when I tell a sad/sob story and a story that shows everything is going great.

On slow days if people ask I will tell customers today has been horribly slow. On good days I will tell them things are going great. I make less tips on good days and more tips on bad. So I am considering telling my customers that my day is terrible every day from here on out.

I like to tell them I am doing Uber because of my daughters hospital bill.

·
Registered
281 Posts

You think this will impact your rating, most passengers I don't think want to hear negative things.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be it a good or bad day i try to keep it positive and upbeat. I chose to do this therefore i wont put any negativity on my customer.
Btw i have way more good days than bad. My tips are up and my money is way up. I stay away from areas i havent made money or that is notorious for short runs. It took me a few months but i figured it out
We all made choices. Be accountable for your own actions and act accordingly. Or be a whiner and sob/beg for tips.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lies an dishonesty should not pay. That's my tip of the day.

I get tips for being nice, engaging in brilliant conversation, opening the door, helping with packages. That's my tip of the day.
Same here. I have never lied to a customer in hopes of bigger tips...but I was considering it.

Be it a good or bad day i try to keep it positive and upbeat. I chose to do this therefore i wont put any negativity on my customer.
Btw i have way more good days than bad. My tips are up and my money is way up. I stay away from areas i havent made money or that is notorious for short runs. It took me a few months but i figured it out
We all made choices. Be accountable for your own actions and act accordingly. Or be a whiner and sob/beg for tips.
This is how I view the tip signs, and thus why I don't have one.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Lies an dishonesty should not pay. That's my tip of the day.

I get tips for being nice, engaging in brilliant conversation, opening the door, helping with packages. That's my tip of the day.
If Uber added a tipping option, I would open the door for everybody, but since they don't, and many people do not carry cash and have it ingrained that tipping is included, I only open doors for the disabled/elderly. But I refuse to open the door in the middle of a busy street, holding up traffic, praying not to get hit next to some homeless guys that can jump in and drive the car off in the off chance someone may actually have cash on them.

When people ask if its worth it, I tell them this is my vacation fund. The daughters hospital bill is more of "why did you start answer". They seem to like the fact that your doing this for fun. Especially when they ask where your going and you say disney with my kids, rather than "vegas".

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If Uber added a tipping option, I would open the door for everybody, but since they don't, and many people do not carry cash and have it ingrained that tipping is included, I only open doors for the disabled/elderly. But I refuse to open the door in the middle of a busy street, holding up traffic, praying not to get hit next to some homeless guys that can jump in and drive the car off in the off chance someone may actually have cash on them.

When people ask if its worth it, I tell them this is my vacation fund. The daughters hospital bill is more of "why did you start answer". They seem to like the fact that your doing this for fun. Especially when they ask where your going and you say disney with my kids, rather than "vegas".
I open the door for all of my customers, but I reach over and open it from the inside.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts

Tell them it's your fund to leave this country because you lost faith in capitalism. Then when they argue with you that you're using capitalism to accomplish your goals, tell them how you're making too little to accomplish your goal. You will ruin their day but it will feel awesome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts