Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Her sheer black dress lay upon the floor like a pool of liquid silk spilt across the polished floorboards. She stood there poised, proud and without shame.........

At this point, I would ask all TLDR'ers to skip to the end of this post for the * executive summary.....

=====

Interactive fun and games in Muppetville

I don't believe there has ever been a time, when we have been so spoilt for choice in our entertainment pursuits, our outlets of all good relaxation and rewarding endeavours, which have become available to us as the very best in our field, the Über top guns who earn and are paid beyond the wildest dreams of mere graduates.

Going to a premiere of the latest Hollywood blockbuster has become so passé, and I'm certain that every Über driver worthy of his or her latest 'Great Conversation' badge has tried to get out of attending these supposed extravaganzas unleashed upon the poor suckers who actually have to pay for tickets.

The constant schmoozing and patting arse gets a bit tiresome, and even after the event, after a damn good chunder of our host's finest single malt whiskey in the foyer on the way out, just as a bit of a calling card reminder, the invitations just keep coming. Month after month after month. This, as you are fully aware, is the price we must pay. This is the consequence of remaining on the Über top tier. The 'Über A List'.

Then there are the football games to attend, the basketball, the cricket and the baseball. Soccer and Beach Volleyball and as anybody with more than one Neat and Tidy badge will appreciate, the Beach Volleyball is the only one of any value whatsoever.

And so, within the very few hours that we are able to pull ourselves away from the main game, the all-important and life changing career of Übering, we blunder from one event to the next, often without the least interest in the event itself, but again and again we present ourselves as the global ambassadors for the fabulous Über brand, and as a consequence we suffer sleep deprivation, substance abuse, constant harassment from starlets and stars, intimidation and ongoing annoyance from stalkers and the inevitable burnout.

When this occurs; and it always does, we try to find a simpler path, a way back to the true light, the guiding principle that led us to this fabulous calling, this mission to assist others in their daily struggle to move toward enlightenment.

We will inevitably get caught up in all sorts of off grid activities trying to rid ourselves of the pent-up frustrations and agitations as we try to keep a level head whilst dealing with those who have obviously lost theirs.

At some point in this journey of discovery, many of us come to the realisation that the greatest outlet for any repressed or unfulfilled feelings, is in fact to direct these issues to the boys and girls in Muppetville. This is a rare; a very rare opportunity to interactively indulge in delights for nothing more than the time you are willing to invest.

As the thread title suggests the best things in life, really are free. An interactive hour or two with the muppet's can be so much fun, so uplifting.

The following is a fairly recent tête-à-tête with some muppets over some gear left in my car during the Easter long weekend. As you can see, this discourse continued over several days. I have so many of these now that I have my own stock of 'outraged partner' templates. And they get used often. LOL. Now that I have posted this, it reminds me to follow up on that elusive badge in my honour. :)

Product Azure Font Line Screenshot

Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

Product Azure Font Screenshot Material property

Product Font Material property Screenshot Electric blue

Azure Screenshot Font Material property Electric blue

* Oh yes, the Executive Summary - sorry, I am still awaiting board approval.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is fun reading! Do you still have the [blank] and Ale?
Thanks Doc. Fortunately, neither are still in my possession. I stole confiscated the Coopers Pale Ale and gave it the loving and protection which it craved and placed it in a home (mine) where it was appreciated and consumed whilst working on my next dialogue with muppet support HQ. :)

The [blank] was unceremoniously dumped at the GL Hub, and I directed the millenial muppet to check my mobile number and quickly cross reference it with the support notes (there are about 15 squillion in the same vein) on my account. I told her that she was today's lucky winner of delivering this bloke's crap to his door and paraphrasing the earlier dialogue from muppet support, I let her know that "Your action will certainly give a positive reflection on how Über treats riders".

And, all this entertainment is FREE! Gotta love it!

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dara's paying you $30? How does that translate to US dollars?
$30 in our high tech and colourful polymer currency equals about $22.50 in greenbacks. However, using the standard benchmark of real value throughout the civilised world, 30 bucks here would buy about ⅔ of a slab of Coopers Pale Ale.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
$15? LOL What are you talking about? I get paid $30 for my posts! :)

He's referring to the $15 item return fee drivers receive when they go to the trouble of returning things that pax were too stupid to remember when they exit our vehicles.

Did the pax provide you with anything (besides beer)?

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He's referring to the $15 item return fee drivers receive when they go to the trouble of returning things that pax were too stupid to remember when they exit our vehicles.

Did the pax provide you with anything (besides beer)?
Ahhhhh.....now I've got it. LOL. I wondered what that was about. I don't believe we have that $15 policy as yet.

My benchmark is now $50 for returns .

With this pax who left his gear in the boot of my car, I didn't return his stuff, as I never even actually contacted him due to being given an incorrect number. I decided that the muppets at the GL Hub could deal with the issue and I left the gear with them to sort out.

The beer was as good as it always is, particularly when it is free. :)

It all ended up being a bit of fun :) so yes, he provided me with a lot of laughs.

I am still waiting to hear from the recipient of the wrongly directed text messages. You never know, we could be kindred spirits, just awaiting that trigger to align us as a match made in heaven. :)

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
I learned a new word:

im·bro·glio
imˈbrōlyō/
noun
noun: imbroglio; plural noun: imbroglios
  1. an extremely confused, complicated, or embarrassing situation.
Considering there were multiple items left in your vehicle and many miscommunications, maybe imbroglios would have been appropriate.;)o_O

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I learned a new word:

im·bro·glio
imˈbrōlyō/
noun
noun: imbroglio; plural noun: imbroglios
  1. an extremely confused, complicated, or embarrassing situation.
Considering there were multiple items left in your vehicle and many miscommunications, maybe imbroglios would have been appropriate.;)o_O
Yes, good work you're probably right. Particularly if they were Natalie Imbruglia's items. :)

Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Lip

Natalie Imbruglia. Famous for being torn, not leaving torn items.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Her sheer black dress lay upon the floor like a pool of liquid silk spilt across the polished floorboards. She stood there poised, proud and without shame.........

At this point, I would ask all TLDR'ers to skip to the end of this post for the * executive summary.....

=====

Interactive fun and games in Muppetville

I don't believe there has ever been a time, when we have been so spoilt for choice in our entertainment pursuits, our outlets of all good relaxation and rewarding endeavours, which have become available to us as the very best in our field, the Über top guns who earn and are paid beyond the wildest dreams of mere graduates.

Going to a premiere of the latest Hollywood blockbuster has become so passé, and I'm certain that every Über driver worthy of his or her latest 'Great Conversation' badge has tried to get out of attending these supposed extravaganzas unleashed upon the poor suckers who actually have to pay for tickets.

The constant schmoozing and patting arse gets a bit tiresome, and even after the event, after a damn good chunder of our host's finest single malt whiskey in the foyer on the way out, just as a bit of a calling card reminder, the invitations just keep coming. Month after month after month. This, as you are fully aware, is the price we must pay. This is the consequence of remaining on the Über top tier. The 'Über A List'.

Then there are the football games to attend, the basketball, the cricket and the baseball. Soccer and Beach Volleyball and as anybody with more than one Neat and Tidy badge will appreciate, the Beach Volleyball is the only one of any value whatsoever.

And so, within the very few hours that we are able to pull ourselves away from the main game, the all-important and life changing career of Übering, we blunder from one event to the next, often without the least interest in the event itself, but again and again we present ourselves as the global ambassadors for the fabulous Über brand, and as a consequence we suffer sleep deprivation, substance abuse, constant harassment from starlets and stars, intimidation and ongoing annoyance from stalkers and the inevitable burnout.

When this occurs; and it always does, we try to find a simpler path, a way back to the true light, the guiding principle that led us to this fabulous calling, this mission to assist others in their daily struggle to move toward enlightenment.

We will inevitably get caught up in all sorts of off grid activities trying to rid ourselves of the pent-up frustrations and agitations as we try to keep a level head whilst dealing with those who have obviously lost theirs.

At some point in this journey of discovery, many of us come to the realisation that the greatest outlet for any repressed or unfulfilled feelings, is in fact to direct these issues to the boys and girls in Muppetville. This is a rare; a very rare opportunity to interactively indulge in delights for nothing more than the time you are willing to invest.

As the thread title suggests the best things in life, really are free. An interactive hour or two with the muppet's can be so much fun, so uplifting.

The following is a fairly recent tête-à-tête with some muppets over some gear left in my car during the Easter long weekend. As you can see, this discourse continued over several days. I have so many of these now that I have my own stock of 'outraged partner' templates. And they get used often. LOL. Now that I have posted this, it reminds me to follow up on that elusive badge in my honour. :)

View attachment 225500

View attachment 225501

View attachment 225502

View attachment 225504

View attachment 225505

* Oh yes, the Executive Summary - sorry, I am still awaiting board approval.

What could [blank] be that is so obscene that it needs to be filtered out? Sounds to me like a game of 20Q is in order.

Is it larger than a bread box?
Can it be turned on?
Can you put things in it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts