Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
dropped off on Fulham road at 1am. Got 14 job requests in a row on 1.4 to 1.6 surge from Mayfair. Swallow st. Conduit st cork st. Who is going to drive 15 minutes on a Saturday night for a potential 10 quid job...totally bonkers
And what did u do
Switched off app
Drive to Mayfair
Open app
Oops
No surge
Should ve accepted that ..

·
Premium Member
*** Not a PH Driver ***
6,824 Posts
dropped off on Fulham road at 1am. Got 14 job requests in a row on 1.4 to 1.6 surge from Mayfair. Swallow st. Conduit st cork st. Who is going to drive 15 minutes on a Saturday night for a potential 10 quid job...totally bonkers
A mini cab driver, that's who

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
The longest I got was 27mins away, got many 18/20mins when pob, those are good to accept, nothing to loose.
The app never giver the best price when pob, always a non surge.
Last nite uber introduced something new, stopped showing the surge map. I went into the rider app, it was surge but the requests were still at norm price, until you let some go. The uber dirt tactics towards drivers just don't make any sense.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Every job I did last night after 21:00 bar 1 was surge, less than 1 mile between each job and most at 2.1x and above. in the end I had to trun the app off as it was knackering me doing all that work.
Most jobs 2.1 and above and lees than 1 mile to pickup, well done.

I didn't have a bad shift but had to use all my energy to fight the uber system, even on high surge places I was getting non surge requests, 10/15mins away.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Most jobs 2.1 and above and lees than 1 mile to pickup, well done.

I didn't have a bad shift but had to use all my energy to fight the uber system, even on high surge places I was getting non surge requests, 10/15mins away.
I'm sorry my experience wasn't your experience.
I guess I was just in the right places at the right times last night.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts