Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Read Only
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happened in between an Eats run a few years ago and some guy jumped out of nowhere and it was night and poor visibility and I hit him. I didn't even realize I hit him as I felt no noise or vibrations in car and I only realized I ran over a person when I saw a dude flying 10 feet away.

I stopped and got out and aksed if he was ok and he said yes and I opened trunk and got him a Dasani water bottle and gave him my insurance info as he asked for it in case he needed to get checked out. He never did a claim.

I hit him with my Camry special edition. That's what a humans body shape looks like on car after being hit.

He was a good white guy.

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
A similar thing happened to me a long time ago. I had pulled up to a stop sign and looked left and right. No cars coming and no pedestrians around. So I looked left again one final time and hit the gas. All of a sudden heard a banging noise coming from the right half of the car. I looked across and, to my surprise, saw some random dude sitting on the hood of my car, banging on it with one hand and making rude hand gestures to me with the other.

I was only going about 10mph so I stopped the car and motioned for him to get down. Dude got off the hood and continued crossing the street, looking back at me and making further hand gestures while continuing to shout at me as he went. I had the stereo on quite loud so I couldn't hear what he was saying, but I doubt that he was wishing me a pleasant evening.

Fortunately he did not cause any damage to my car.

🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
8,583 Posts
This is very disturbing! WTF is wrong with you? You gave him a water bottle yet didn’t think to give him mints to go with it? The mints and the water bottle go together, you disrespected the combo.

Next time you mow someone down do the right thing and offer a mint with the water bottle!

·
Read Only
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is very disturbing! WTF is wrong with you? You gave him a water bottle yet didn’t think to give him mints to go with it? The mints and the water bottle go together, you disrespected the combo.

Next time you mow someone down do the right thing and offer a mint with the water bottle!
His breath didn't stink

·
Premium Member
70,585 Posts

People with internal hemorrhaging often Are thirsty . .

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
9,573 Posts
I got hit by a skateboarder one time. This was in my personally owned vehicle i had in 2012. He did a header through the side window of my van while I was parked, then he took off.

That was a fun dash camera because I was on my laptop in the when a head smashes through the window in the back. I filed a police report because it was technically a hit and run (uncollectable) but more to protect myself from a claim. The cops gave me that not amused look while they were filing the report.

"Why did you even get a police report"

"So they don't file a hit and run against me"

And can you beleive it that ****er filed a hit and run like 5 miles away. The BOLO went out on my car while the cop was still writing up the report for my hit and run and had seen my dash camera of me just sitting in the car not driving.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
9,573 Posts
That's for China and Africa where the drivers ensure the kill to avoid lawsuits and paying out of pocket.
That's a real thing that goes on in China.

It's apparently a lower lawsuit to kill a pedestrian than to just maim them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts