Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanksgiving is next week and I assume there will be more travelers and more drivers. Then there's Black Friday as well. Any tips on maximizing Thanksgiving week earnings? From the experienced bunch, did you see guaranteed earnings in previous years? Or any lessons learned?

Share away!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Thanksgiving is next week and I assume there will be more travelers and more drivers. Then there's Black Friday as well. Any tips on maximizing Thanksgiving week earnings? From the experienced bunch, did you see guaranteed earnings in previous years? Or any lessons learned?

Share away!
There won't be any guarantees for Thanksgiving week.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, I don't think it will be any busier than any average non-football weekend. I remember driving the night before thanksgiving 2 years ago and being disappointed; and that was before $0.90 mile and 25% ..

I hope I'm wrong and you make a lot of $. Good luck

·
Premium Member
70,416 Posts

Share away!
Instead of mints & water,
GIVE AWAY A FREE TURKEY WITH EACH RIDE !

·
Registered
53 Posts
Am trying to stay positive. But, no surges at all this morning that I've seen and many drivers on the road. Hopefully, demand increases and it's a good day. As for Thanksgiving, not sure that it will be that busy due again to the high supply of drivers and probable lower demand. We'll see.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Am trying to stay positive. But, no surges at all this morning that I've seen and many drivers on the road.
Probably due the guarantees right now and everyone wants those. I only went online an hour later in the morning so I don't know how it was in the earlier part. I only go online if I'm going out for something myself because it is too many drivers as it is. Got my guarantee for the hour though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Probably due the guarantees right now and everyone wants those. I only went online an hour later in the morning so I don't know how it was in the earlier part. I only go online if I'm going out for something myself because it is too many drivers as it is. Got my guarantee for the hour though.
You have to take at least 2 . Technically 1.5 wtf¿

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I did take two. Then I went took a nap with my dog. Judging from the other posts about post game seems that was a good idea.
How much was the guarantee? Its a pretty sad day when qualifying for one hour is something to be happy about.

I made $44 today. I signed on at 6:45 am and signed off around 10:30am. The only reason I made so much was because of my first ride. It took me 20 minutes to get to that passenger and then 45 minutes to get them to the stadium. I made $25 off of that ride with no tip.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much was the guarantee? Its a pretty sad day when qualifying for one hour is something to be happy about.

I made $44 today. I signed on at 6:45 am and signed off around 10:30am. The only reason I made so much was because of my first ride. It took me 20 minutes to get to that passenger and then 45 minutes to get them to the stadium. I made $25 off of that ride with no tip.
Haha it is huh. I was out early this morning as well, but didn't turn the app on because I was in the middle of handling errands for myself. I didn't want to be interrupted by pings so I only turned it on after I was done with my personal errands.

As for the guarantee, it was $22/hr for morning though. I took two rides to the stadium in an hr and got out of there.

That's pretty messed up for 3 hrs on a game day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Who does the Uber-Baton Rouge Facebook page? Have noticed someone posting recently and wondering if that is a driver or actually someone in corporate. Thought about saying something about no surges today but have resisted the temptation.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Who does the Uber-Baton Rouge Facebook page? Have noticed someone posting recently and wondering if that is a driver or actually someone in corporate. Thought about saying something about no surges today but have resisted the temptation.
I created a Facebook page back in January when we did our strike. It pretty much died off as we were just using it to get the word out. We managed to make the service unavailable in Baton Rouge for 24 hours, but that is all we accomplished.

Anyone want to strike in January when the cut rates again? lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I created a Facebook page back in January when we did our strike. It pretty much died off as we were just using it to get the word out. We managed to make the service unavailable in Baton Rouge for 24 hours, but that is all we accomplished.

Anyone want to strike in January when the cut rates again? lol
Is the page you created called Uber-Baton Rouge?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.