Uber Drivers Forum banner

Thanks, State Police.

623 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bostonwolf 
#1 ·
Last ride of the night was from East Cambridge to the southern part of Newton. 1.5 boost. Nice.

Cut through Cambridge to the I 90 ramp and get on it intending to go west. After getting on the ramp there are signs saying that the westbound ramp is closed. As is Exit 22. So the only option is to go all the way to Chinatown to turn around. Doubled the length of the trip, rider didn't care.

#4 ·
I drove a cab all through the Big Dig. It's the Cone People. They have a 99 year maintainance contract with the Turnpike Authority.
I even wrote a song about it.
Cone People ™
We're the
Cone People and we put out the cones
Every day and every night
We're the
Cone People and we put out the cones
Every day and every night
We put out the cones
We take a long nap
Sleep until the break of day
Then we pick up the cones
And head to our homes
Every night and every day.
(Coda)

#5 ·
I think you are missing the point. Their blocking the road turned a $18 ride into a $34 ride. I was not complaining other than to point out how dumb it is to block one of those ramps and not have signage indicating it on Soldiers Field Rd.

One you took the ramp if you wanted to go west you had no choice but to do what I did

#6 ·
I think you are missing the point. Their blocking the road turned a $18 ride into a $34 ride. I was not complaining other than to point out how dumb it is to block one of those ramps and not have signage indicating it on Soldiers Field Rd.

One you took the ramp if you wanted to go west you had no choice but to do what I did
I feel your pain but there's constant construction on the pike especially at that interchange. They, mass dot, don't post ramp closures on signs all over the state. Try rt3 north from 128 on any summer night after 8pm. It's a crap shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.