Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

Premium Member
Duchess of Decline, Splendida Sarcasmus
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a glutton for punishment I am engaging in schizophrenia (i.e. repeating the same actions, but expecting different results) and planning on working Thanksgiving. I鈥檒l likely just do morning though to get people their Starbucks before they eat. Pretty sure I鈥檒l be done by 2 p.m. 馃槀

What about you guys? Who鈥檚 going to join me in the Festival of Losers? Lets share tricks on what to occupy oneself with when it鈥檚 dead! I play Lily鈥檚 Garden! And Klondike (the game, not the solitaire).

Super Moderator
I never have, and will not start, ever worked a major Holiday.

PRO TIP: The night before Thanksgiving is usually great!!! Thanksgiving Eve no one wants to cook and the young people are home from College getting ready to go out to the bars! It's one of the busiest nights of the year for food delivery and Rideshare both.

Registered
I鈥檇 have to say that I鈥檝e never worked a thanksgiving /Christmas Day , I鈥檓 thankful for that . Friends /family and food , alcohol /weed / whatever makes you happy on those days , which if you wanna work , I鈥檓 happy for you too . Finally convinced my wife to have a turducken this year , I鈥檓 persistent and after 30 straight years of asking , we get one this year , I just knew I鈥檇 wear her down / but she鈥檚 a tad bit set in her ways ( actually stubborn ) however I鈥檓 patient and always eventually get my way 馃榿馃し鈥嶁檪锔, even if it take 30 years 馃槀馃槀

Premium Member
I鈥檇 have to say that I鈥檝e never worked a thanksgiving /Christmas Day , I鈥檓 thankful for that . Friends /family and food , alcohol /weed / whatever makes you happy on those days , which if you wanna work , I鈥檓 happy for you too . Finally convinced my wife to have a turducken this year , I鈥檓 persistent and after 30 straight years of asking , we get one this year , I just knew I鈥檇 wear her down / but she鈥檚 a tad bit set in her ways ( actually stubborn ) however I鈥檓 patient and always eventually get my way 馃榿馃し鈥嶁檪锔, even if it take 30 years 馃槀馃槀
She deserves sainthood for dealing with you for 30+ years.

Most prison sentences aren't nearly that long.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don鈥檛 have anyone. If I don鈥檛 work, I鈥檒l just be laying on the couch, stuffing my face on gummy bears and watching stupid shows. I鈥檝e never been a turkey lover. In fact, none of the traditional Thanksgiving dishes make me horny.

Last Thanksgiving, it was Pad Thai with spicy kimchee.

Don鈥檛 feel sorry for me, though. I鈥檓 not saying all that for the 鈥減oor me鈥 effect. Just explaining why I don鈥檛 mind working Holidays. Even in the office, I always worked all Holidays. But that paid VERY well, as opposed to this.

Registered
She deserves sainthood for dealing with you for 30+ years.

Most prison sentences aren't nearly that long.
There鈥檚 a joke in there , gos like this .

On my 20th anniversary I was sitting at the kitchen table , drinking my coffee , thinking about how I got to 20 years with the wife when I suddenly started cryin uncontrollably .

my wife walks in and assumes it鈥檚 cause it鈥檚 a great milestone for me and quips , don鈥檛 stop crying I think it鈥檚 so sweet that you care so much about this great day .

I tell her to sit down and I will tell her why .
She sits down and I proceed to tell her that a little over 20 years me and her dad had a talk and he told me to marry you or he would have me locked up for 20 years . And honey , todays the day I would have been released 馃榿馃榿馃榿馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

Registered
I don鈥檛 have anyone. If I don鈥檛 work, I鈥檒l just be laying on the couch, stuffing my face on gummy bears and watching stupid shows. I鈥檝e never been a turkey lover. In fact, none of the traditional Thanksgiving dishes make me horny.

Don鈥檛 feel sorry for me, though. I鈥檓 not saying all that for the 鈥減oor me鈥 effect. Just explaining why I don鈥檛 mind working Holidays. Even in the office, I always worked all Holidays. But that paid VERY well, as opposed to this.
:happydance:

Registered
I'll work the morning till about noon. I don't mind at all since I don't leave my house without getting a ping. When I started doing this a little over a year ago, I would drive 10 miles to a bigger town and hang out doing deliveries. But for the last 4 months I just turn the app on at home and do whatever I would normally do at home until I get a ping. I found I spend a lot less time in my vehicle and making more money.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cook a Turkey and donate the Turkey legs to some chick that is鈥 lol
I donate raw turkey. Always earn one in ShopRite, and then go to Customer Service, they have a list of places that take them.

Why would I ever go through the stress of cooking a turkey? It鈥檚 a Labor of Love. It鈥檚 for loved ones only.

Premium Member

If you were closer I would invite you over. I have 14 folks I'm cooking for, 1 more just makes it that much better.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you were closer I would invite you over. I have 14 folks I'm cooking for, 1 more just makes it that much better.
That鈥檚 sweet. But I鈥檓 an introvert. I鈥檓 alone because it鈥檚 when I feel best. I have people who invite me but by now they know I鈥檒l grasp for reasons not to come. We have an arrangement: if I ever feel I鈥檇 like to, their doors are open.

I鈥檓 a loner. That鈥檚 one of the reasons I love delivery.

Outcommunicated during a certain part of my life. I just can鈥檛 be bothered.

It鈥檚 strange to most people. But some understand.

Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
As a glutton for punishment I am engaging in schizophrenia (i.e. repeating the same actions, but expecting different results) and planning on working Thanksgiving. I鈥檒l likely just do morning though to get people their Starbucks before they eat. Pretty sure I鈥檒l be done by 2 p.m. 馃槀

What about you guys? Who鈥檚 going to join me in the Festival of Losers? Lets share tricks on what to occupy oneself with when it鈥檚 dead! I play Lily鈥檚 Garden! And Klondike (the game, not the solitaire).
I will do the 6 am to 12 pm shift.
I love working on Thanksgiving and Christmas 馃巹 and New Years Day.

Premium Member
That鈥檚 sweet. But I鈥檓 an introvert. I鈥檓 alone because it鈥檚 when I feel best. I have people who invite me but by now they know I鈥檒l grasp for reasons not to come. We have an arrangement: if I ever feel I鈥檇 like to, their doors are open.

No, I totally get it, I am introverted myself, I enjoy quiet and peace. Thanksgiving however is my jam, I love cooking for people and just seeing everyone talking and playing with each other instead of their devices.

So you do you and I hope your day is filled with expensive orders and big tips!

Premium Member
2017 Toyota Prius
No, I totally get it, I am introverted myself, I enjoy quiet and peace. Thanksgiving however is my jam, I love cooking for people and just seeing everyone talking and playing with each other instead of their devices.

So you do you and I hope your day is filled with expensive orders and big tips!
And empty roads and most stores closed 馃攼

Premium Member

You are a sociopath鈥

1 - 20 of 70 Posts