Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight was a great night and hope everyone out there did well. Two drivers out there made a really stupid decision and I will never understand why someone would do this but I am glad they did!

I had planned on trying to position myself by Key Arena around 1120 thinking the concert would be over around 1130. I dropped a PAX off on the AVE at 11 and saw the surge was already building and rising above 3X at Key Arena. Clearly I was wrong on the timing. I start driving toward I-5 while I decide do I stay in the U-District or see if by the time I get down there I can still get a 2X maybe. I don't get more than 1 block when I get a 4.2X ping from Key Arena. While I am still 10 minutes away in the U-District.

I immediately accept and go to dial the PAX to let him know I am coming and sit tight. Before I can dial him the PAX calls me and says hey just want to make sure you are actually coming I've had TWO drivers cancel on me. I told him sit tight I will be there in 10 minutes. When I arrive and PAX gets in my car the destination is.... South Federal Way.

Thank you to whoever cancelled on this guy that made my night.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I was getting dizzy spells tonight driving with all the rain, puddles, potholes, and aggressive drivers, I pulled over and took a nap during serious surge times.

Ok.....who here made off like a bandit?

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was getting dizzy spells tonight driving with all the rain, puddles, potholes, and aggressive drivers, I pulled over and took a nap during serious surge times.

Ok.....who here made off like a bandit?
I was out from 5-230. Did 25 uber and 3 lyft. 16 were surge. Tonight blew NYE out of the water for me. Only drove 140 miles which includes a happy 20 dead miles from Federal Way into Downtown Seattle

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
3 almost pukers bag in hands, one pull over so she could flush it out.
Car spotless , anxiety a bit high but $$ was made. I have no qualms about asking and making sure folks will be ok, it saved me on the one where the girl eventually got out after promising she was ok.

Regular surging rides are a nice break from loaded XL rides. I was on al my usual routes last night. Another night where 90% Lyft rides , Uber only when high surge, or I need to catch a ride due to down time.

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
Lucky you! I live in FW, but have never ever even once gotten a ride to FW. After the concert I had 4.3 Select that cancelled. I then got a 4.4 that went to a bar downtown. At least they tipped cash. Them's the breaks.

I did pretty darn well, with not too many miles driven.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3 almost pukers bag in hands, one pull over so she could flush it out.
Car spotless , anxiety a bit high but $$ was made. I have no qualms about asking and making sure folks will be ok, it saved me on the one where the girl eventually got out after promising she was ok.

Regular surging rides are a nice break from loaded XL rides. I was on al my usual routes last night. Another night where 90% Lyft rides , Uber only when high surge, or I need to catch a ride due to down time.
Past couple weekends the Uber/Lyft ratio was tightening for me. I was getting about 35% Lyft. Last night I barely got any Lyft pings because Uber was nonstop. The times I did have to wait more than 2 minutes I'd get zero from Lyft. I did get an Uber from DT to Kirkland then a Lyft from Kirkland to Northgate. That was about it for Lyft last night for me.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I got one surge ride to the concert, and on the way some idiot in a BMW SUV decided she needed to turn hard right, rather than merge onto the Ballard Bridge, slammed on her brakes, shifted to reverse, and backed into my Prius with gusto. I got disgusted by that and went home. I'd bagged $200 by then, though, so I wasn't all that torn up about not driving amongst all the drunks for the late-night payoff. I hope some of you killed it. It was really good while it lasted.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
I got one surge ride to the concert, and on the way some idiot in a BMW SUV decided she needed to turn hard right, rather than merge onto the Ballard Bridge, slammed on her brakes, shifted to reverse, and backed into my Prius with gusto. I got disgusted by that and went home. I'd bagged $200 by then, though, so I wasn't all that torn up about not driving amongst all the drunks for the late-night payoff. I hope some of you killed it. It was really good while it lasted.
So sorry to hear that I almost got side swiped last night by some idiot in an escalade not looking before turning back into the road.

My wife was reasoning to me that just by the sheer amount of time we spend on the road our chances of an accident are that much higher.

More chances for an idiot to ruin our day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts