Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought this new local Uber Crew rep thing was supposed to give us a contact point. Not that I thought they'd replace customer service and we should be able to pester them and gripe about whatever, but to discuss important problem issues directly.

So, I went to the crew page, selected my rep and went through the contact process, which says it's a direct contact, and detailed some problems I'm having with ride price calculations that are affecting my pay (like literally getting paid 20% less than the offered Upfront Price on every single ride multiple nights) and how it's not being addressed by Uber after multiple promises of ride reviews. A week later, I get back an email from ... Uber. It politely thanks me form letter style for submitting a contact and says if I want to discuss the matter I have to "book office hours with your Crew Member when they become available again."

Office hours where? Available again? Was he never available? When will he be available? If this is a direct contact, who is The Uber Crew Team and why are they reviewing my direct contact with my rep and responding with a form email ... a week later?

I didn't expect much, but really I at least expected a direct response eventually saying "Hey that sounds serious. I will bring this up." before being blown off. How is them stockpiling emails directly in our names to (maybe) discuss with Uber any different than support escalating a complaint?

Welcome to useless support 2.0. As they say in the Medicare hotline ads " ... so hep'ful."

Just thought I'd let you know. Maybe no need to be excited. At least not in FL. (Not that any of you were, but confirmation is always nice I think.)

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was asked if I wanted to be a Uber Crew Member and never responded…

This is Uber way to make us go in circles while saying “ Did you follow the chain of command? “ and blowing us off…
Basically just another PR stunt to make it seem like they want us to have a voice. Perhaps a preemptive "Does this look enough like union? I mean, they'd have reps ... or at least pictures of reps."

That was my instinct from the beginning, but I expected a brief period of show. You know, like the boosts before they slowly cut them down to half while simultaneously lowering all the base rates by algorithm. Looked good for two weeks at least.

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that didn't take long:😆 🤣 😂

Welcome to the dark side my friend!
LOL!

Ya people are always surprised when they see I have no blinders on. I always got it. I just also get $800 in a three day weekend for driving 20 or 25 hours, which was why I signed up in the first place. As long as that keeps up, I can see both the good and the bad.

It's called being a wh***.

:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I believe you need to first schedule an appointment with Pre Uber Crew before you can be approved to schedule an appointment with Uber Crew. It's just a minor formality. :banghead:

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My best guess is these are the same types of people that get on your HOA board to get a false sense of power and authority without having to do anything to help the folks they supposedly represent.
Maybe Uber lets them keep a mileage rate in upfront pricing markets so they can truly not care. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
Well I can't wait! So much will get accomplished soon & we can talk about the big strike that happened on the 4th!!!1 🙄😁

View attachment 664628
Isn't that amazing! I'm in a different location from you yet I have the same crew members and get to meet with them at the same time.

There is really a single important issue that needs to be dealt with before all others, MONEY. I love how they create all of these structures, representatives, surveys, interviews, initiatives, etc... and not a one of them ever focuses on higher earnings.

·
Premium Member
70,612 Posts
Isn't that amazing! I'm in a different location from you yet I have the same crew members and get to meet with them at the same time.

There is really a single important issue that needs to be dealt with before all others, MONEY. I love how they create all of these structures, representatives, surveys, interviews, initiatives, etc... and not a one of them ever focuses on higher earnings.
Kind of like GOVERNMENT DISTRACTIONS
to lead you Astray from what is Really Pissing you off !

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln MKZ Reserve
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

That's just the banner. You have to go select your state. I did actually poke around state to state to see that they were all different people, but for all I know they could still all be just pictures like I said.

Oh and they're addressing money. They're addressing how to keep more. The new pricing algorithm in Upfront Pricing markets throws out similar rides at different rates. If you take the lower priced one, it tracks it per driver and that's most likely about your new base rate for other similar rides whenever they can get away with it.

I had two trip requests back to back for roughly 3 minute pickups and 13-15 minute rides of 6 miles. Back to back in the same area, mind you, so no surge difference and they were both X. One was $15 including a $6 boost and the other was $9.82 including a $6 boost. Whoever took the cheaper one just helped make $3.82 an acceptable base fare for a 6 mile plus quarter hour trip in Tampa.

This is per an Uber interview and subsequent documentation I read. They don't come out and say it, but their statements about the pricing algorithm tracking acceptable ride parameters per driver and these wildly fluctuating rates don't leave much room for interpretation I think.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's just the banner. You have to go select your state. I did actually poke around state to state to see that they were all different people, but for all I know they could still all be just pictures like I said.

Oh and they're addressing money. They're addressing how to keep more. The new pricing algorithm in Upfront Pricing markets throws out similar rides at different rates. If you take the lower priced one, it tracks it per driver and that's most likely about your new base rate for other similar rides whenever they can get away with it.

I had two trip requests back to back for roughly 3 minute pickups and 13-15 minute rides of 6 miles. Back to back in the same area, mind you, so no surge difference and they were both X. One was $15 including a $6 boost and the other was $9.82 including a $6 boost. Whoever took the cheaper one just helped make $3.82 an acceptable base fare for a 6 mile plus quarter hour trip in Tampa.

This is per an Uber interview and subsequent documentation I read. They don't come out and say it, but their statements about the pricing algorithm tracking acceptable ride parameters per driver and these wildly fluctuating rates don't leave much room for interpretation I think.
Maybe they can address why I see this everytime that I turn on the app:

Font Line Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

If I click:

Product Font Tie Blazer Suit

I still have yet to see anything about customer ratings, even after completing the video for the hundredth time. I do, however flaunt this badge on my stylish Uber driving jacket:

Font Circle Auto part Automotive design Rim

Just a bunch of ridiculous mind games... 🙄

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,651 Posts
Bread and circuses (but without the bread).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts