Uber Drivers Forum banner

TfL will never ban Uber

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Phil4369 
#1 ·
Government is doing it's best to make this country cashless until 2020 with latest deadline of 2025.
Sounds far away? Nope.
Paypal pay, Apple pay, and other ways of cashless pay.
Even contactless limit went up to £30 and is matter of time when limit will be increased again.

So bottom line is taxation to it's maximum.

I'm just waiting for a moment when they (TfL) gonna introduce cashless black cabs.
Compulsory to have in each of them that yellow tap drum like at stations or busses.

I don't think that they will much protest if they're honest because their income is 70/80-100k a year.

For that reason I think that Uber will stay just it will be shaped by TfL and City politicians to fill up taxman's kitty.

#4 · (Edited)
Yep.

But a lot of people are missing the elephant in the room at the moment, and that's the zero emission capable rules that are set to arrive in 4 years.

Currently your looking at a massive drop in the choice of vehicles we can buy, we have the prius on x and not much more that's a hybrid and affordable, and god knows what the fancy car lads are going to do, or the viano / transporter crew.

This new zone is of more concern to me (I should have my badge by 2020!) than any TFL proposals on how apps should work.

#6 ·
Add Lee are stupid to keep their ugly, uncomfortable and unreliable Galaxy on the road, spoken to them about that and they said because of the image that customers have, oh come on who cares , drivers need flexibility and good earnings, pax wants low prices, tfl wants low emissions, operators need a fleet of low cost maintenance and reliable cars and at the moment we have a Prius-the ideal car! Well tfl will change the rules again soon, but Toyota never sleep.
Mirai it's on the way, and it's a clever decision add Lee should take, they have to scrapp all Galaxy and keep some latest Prius as a base and Mirai as fully 0 emissions fleet. Uber drivers will buy some if they can. Tesla also doing very well and I see more and more with ph licenses. And yes, even the children knows that government and tfl are all about the tax and then for the environment.

#7 ·
I'm sure a few more hybrids will enter the market, but at what cost.

To be brutally honest, I'd struggle at the moment to buy a new Prius if I were forced to, never mind a Tesla or the like. What's that set you back? £45k? Unaffordable unless they're going to raise the X fares by 90%.

Steve Wrights magazine was predicting up to a 90% decrease in vehicle choice come this barmy ultra low emission zone in 2020.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.