Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I find it increasingly annoying how Uber sends repetitive text messages saying there are only three cars at the staging areas in either DFW or DAL and get there fast yet they don't have surge. Wasn't this the idea behind surge - to get drivers to a designated area that has an abundance of passengers waiting? Why send the text? Then on top of that, last night I was at DAL and 0 - 10 minutes in queue. I was pinged outside of the airport three times in a row and then put in time out. I waited the time got back in queue at 5 - 15 and the same thing happened and was put in time out again. Waited again and after being pinged twice outside I turned it off and picked up a Lyft passenger with $5 tip. At DFW if I'm in queue, I'm certainly not going out of the airport and pay $3 to make $2.50 taking a guy to the bar up the street.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I find it increasingly annoying how Uber sends repetitive text messages saying there are only three cars at the staging areas in either DFW or DAL and get there fast yet they don't have surge. Wasn't this the idea behind surge - to get drivers to a designated area that has an abundance of passengers waiting? Why send the text? Then on top of that, last night I was at DAL and 0 - 10 minutes in queue. I was pinged outside of the airport three times in a row and then put in time out. I waited the time got back in queue at 5 - 15 and the same thing happened and was put in time out again. Waited again and after being pinged twice outside I turned it off and picked up a Lyft passenger with $5 tip. At DFW if I'm in queue, I'm certainly not going out of the airport and pay $3 to make $2.50 taking a guy to the bar up the street.
The system is designed that the airports do not surge, so never believe the texts they send

1 - 6 of 6 Posts