Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning! Texspress tolls are expensive! They are variable rate depending on traffic. Uber is NOT covering them. Our navigation systems guide us to the lanes. Check your tolltag statements against your Uber rides. I have submitted request for reimbursement numerous times, they are not paying the tolls. I have submitted proof, tolltag charges with date and time confirming an Uber passenger, they are saying sorry the toll is not in our system.
I have asked why they are not covering the tolls, I get no response.
Let Uber know they need to fix this!

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's always a risk, but Uber has always paid my tolls after requested, including TEXpress. I think the trick is to make sure not to include TEXpress in your request. I only include the exit name and price.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Yup - I have never been denied a toll. If they question it, I simply respond the rider agreed to to take this route.

And now with upfront pricing, I let them know that they are charging plenty to rider to cover these costs. Not my issue, but their issue! Pay up biatches!

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
In my experience Uber pays these (you probably have to request it of course) but Lyft explicitly doesn't. If the pax wants Express that's certainly better for my bottom line and safety. Screw either company if they don't support it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've never had a problem getting uber to pay any tolls. Yea, the Texpress lanes don't usually show when the rides finished, but I request it and always get reimbursed. If they put up a fight, ask them to escalate to a supervisor. It's worked every time for me

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Warning! Texspress tolls are expensive! They are variable rate depending on traffic. Uber is NOT covering them. Our navigation systems guide us to the lanes. Check your tolltag statements against your Uber rides. I have submitted request for reimbursement numerous times, they are not paying the tolls. I have submitted proof, tolltag charges with date and time confirming an Uber passenger, they are saying sorry the toll is not in our system.
I have asked why they are not covering the tolls, I get no response.
Let Uber know they need to fix this!
Our? Please Consult with the Owner of this Forum...Or ...Just Maybe...Trump Fake' R

·
Registered
53 Posts
I find its better when you write in if you call it a toll and not mention express lane. ex. $1.65 635 toll. Sometimes they ask for a receipt but only one in ten in my experance. I also find that if you keep writing in after they decline it, even if it's 5 times they will grab their balls and just say ok. Same with the extra $1 at dfw if you have to wait. They hate the extra $1 for over 30min. That being said, never wait at dfw just get a passenger going and skip queue. Done!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I had always been reimbursed for my tolls, even the Express ones, however, I usually avoid Express because it doesn't worth my time requesting the reimbursement. I only use the Express lanes when GPS shows me that the regular lanes will give me a delay of 5+ minutes.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Historically 635 is host to some of the craziest driving anywhere in Dallas. I just find things much safer on the lower level so will gladly take it if that's what someone wants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts