Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Everyone gone have to get ride share insurance.... Well, will supposed to have it!! Thoughts

AUSTIN, TX - The Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCI) commends Texas Governor Greg Abbott for signing House Bill 1733, which would require transportation network company (TNC) drivers in Texas to have adequate insurance coverage.

"HB 1733 requires TNC drivers to have proper insurance coverage from the time the app is turned on until it's turned off, thereby protecting themselves, their passengers and the public," said Joe Woods, PCI's vice president of state government relations.

HB 1733 is based on the national compromise language and addresses insurance issues only.

"This legislation provides a framework that will help bring clarity and consistency to TNC insurance laws, enhance consumer choice, increase entrepreneurial activity and bring greater stability and confidence to the transportation network industry," added Woods.

The law goes into effect January 1, 2016
  • PCI promotes and protects the viability of a competitive private insurance market for the benefit of consumers and insurers. PCI is composed of nearly 1,000 member companies, representing the broadest cross section of insurers of any national trade association. PCI members write more than $183 billion in annual premium, 35 percent of the nation's property casualty insurance. Member companies write 42 percent of the U.S. automobile insurance market, 27 percent of the homeowners market, 32 percent of the commercial property and liability market and 34 percent of the private workers compensation market.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I just hope Uber is ruined before they have the opportunity to cash out with an IPO.. but then again, I sort of want the supporters of Uber to be sucked into buying their stock before the company crumbles. Pay back for all those cheap rides.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I just hope Uber is ruined before they have the opportunity to cash out with an IPO.. but then again, I sort of want the supporters of Uber to be sucked into buying their stock before the company crumbles. Pay back for all those cheap rides.
All the IPO will be for is for the inside investors and banks that do the initial funding to make a windfall.

When Twitter went public, I bought $10,000 in shares. When I saw where it was heading, I sold $10,001.10 in shares.

·
Registered
770 Posts
If you guys paid attention to my posts over the last two months, you would have already known about this and reqalize that the only change in Uber's policy protection is that their insureance is forced to be primary instead of secondary for those portioons that they were trying to force on personal insurance.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I already have it with geico ... Mine went up $28
You stated previously you are an employee. (some discount I presume)
Others on here received quotes from local Geico Agents and they are astronomical. So your complete 6 month premium went up $28.00 or $28.00 mo?
What do you do for Geico? Are you an Agent hopefully, as you can instruct/insure everyone on here and obtain new business. If you aren't an agent, then Who is your agent'? I ask this as this person apparently knows how to write in a Ride Sharing Policy,Binder,Clause or Supplement at a very reasonable rate. What are the exact words on you bill. as in what it called and what are the Limits Of Liability and deductible?
I feel I speak for many, when I say please do help us out, as there are several people I know on here that would love to know that can be done.
This has been a HUGE concern of several on here and you can really help the community.

Much appreciated and Thanks in Advance,

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
So lets TAX the little guy. This Governor is the worst.

The Insurance Commission screams they don't see a up tick in money coming in but see all these cars driving for Uber/Lyft.
Most don't know but its the same Commission that raised the rate this year by 12% do to traffic deaths increased. And alot are DWI related. Go figure!
Wonder how many deaths were contributed do to Taxi drivers? And how many are do to this year by Ride Share? I say zero to a couple maybe, I SAID MAYBE.

Oh ****ing lobbists and the blood sucking BS insurance industry. Its all a damn scam and they know it.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
You stated previously you are an employee. (some discount I presume)
Others on here received quotes from local Geico Agents and they are astronomical. So your complete 6 month premium went up $28.00 or $28.00 mo?
What do you do for Geico? Are you an Agent hopefully, as you can instruct/insure everyone on here and obtain new business. If you aren't an agent, then Who is your agent'? I ask this as this person apparently knows how to write in a Ride Sharing Policy,Binder,Clause or Supplement at a very reasonable rate. What are the exact words on you bill. as in what it called and what are the Limits Of Liability and deductible?
I feel I speak for many, when I say please do help us out, as there are several people I know on here that would love to know that can be done.
This has been a HUGE concern of several on here and you can really help the community.

Much appreciated and Thanks in Advance,
Cousinzent I received your pm, thanks for replying, however HOW did you get that rate? Again, several of us would like to know so we may also benefit.
Please advise.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I lost my employee discount when I switched... I drive very very part time.. So they ask me the days I drive and how many hrs and approx miles.... That's it ... I pay 146 per month and the commercial policies are for 1 year

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You call the commercial department and ask for a quote... Remember rates are based on the amount you drive.... If u drive everyday or ft the price will definitely be more... My personal goal is only $25-35 per day and I don't leave my home to get it.... So as u can see I don't drive much

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
You call the commercial department and ask for a quote... Remember rates are based on the amount you drive.... If u drive everyday or ft the price will definitely be more... My personal goal is only $25-35 per day and I don't leave my home to get it.... So as u can see I don't drive much
Understood, so it depends on how much you drive. Seems like a fair way of doing it.
Thank you and what exactly are the Limits of Liability?

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
So lets TAX the little guy. This Governor is the worst.
Dude this new law would require that the TNCs provide 'App On' primary liability insurance coverage beginning 2016.
This law is for the benefit of the Texas TNC Drivers, who are currently operating without any Gap Insurance coverage.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lib is not the issue ... The issue is your insurance comp finding out you are driving for uber and dropping you...period .. So even if uber covers u at all... If your ins comp find out they will drop you... Unless u have usaa who charges an extra 25 per month

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I work in liability claims and talk to people all the time who can't afford uber 1000 ded then gets dropped all together and have no ins at all... You can depend on uber,,, that's your right.. Just sharing what I know.... I hear it all the time"so what am I going g to do" and all I can say is I do t know

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Lib is not the issue ... The issue is your insurance comp finding out you are driving for uber and dropping you...period .. So even if uber covers u at all... If your ins comp find out they will drop you... Unless u have usaa who charges an extra 25 per month
Agreed. When I was asking about the LOL I was not referring to the Liability portion per se, but all around coverage amounts.
Sorry I was not clear :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
My quote from Geico was much much higher than that. Almost to a point of ridicules. And I'm 50 years old and Havnt had a ticket since 1987. It's A Bullshit Racket.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
My quote from Geico was much much higher than that. Almost to a point of ridicules. And I'm 50 years old and Havnt had a ticket since 1987. It's A Bullshit Racket.
I was not going to name you but since you spoke up, Bukrub is one of my sources.
Seriously how did you get that rate?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts