Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber PROMISED drivers that if they get covid they would pay them for two weeks while they recover. They told me to upload proof. I did. Then they said they discontinued paying drivers. What an evil, deceitful company. I emailed reporters and am waiting to hear back.

Wanna know what's just as screwed up? I can still go online and accept rides.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
I emailed reporters and am waiting to hear back.
Now that Biden is president, news reporters are less anxious to talk about covid-related issues & problems.
If you can figure out a way to blame Trump for your plight, I’m sure those reporters will trip over each other just to be the first to get a statement from you!

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Uber PROMISED drivers that if they get covid they would pay them for two weeks while they recover. They told me to upload proof. I did. Then they said they discontinued paying drivers. What an evil, deceitful company. I emailed reporters and am waiting to hear back.

Those policies expired last year. Perhaps it’s not fair but it is what it is. Same thing with unemployment, you’re not going to receive 1k a week like in the early months. Good luck with the reporters.

·
Premium Member
6,068 Posts

I think that train left a year ago
when they started giving vaccines
If you didnt get the shot
dont complain about getting covid
Ya Baby....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I spent the last hour with the Uber app online. I took screenshots of them sending me rides, and accepted them. I then messaged the rider that Uber was knowingly letting covid positive drivers take rides. I then advised them to take a screenshot, cancel the ride and contact the department of health. I will be forwarding my screenshots as well. I have already notified the Florida department of Health and Governor's office.

·
Premium Member
8,755 Posts
I spent the last hour with the Uber app online. I took screenshots of them sending me rides, and accepted them. I then messaged the rider that Uber was knowingly letting covid positive drivers take rides. I then advised them to take a screenshot, cancel the ride and contact the department of health. I will be forwarding my screenshots as well. I have already notified the Florida department of Health and Governor's office.
Dude your in Florida, I don’t think they give a shit

·
26,219 Posts
They made a promise.
What these posters are indicating is that Fubar has terminated that programme. I never saw the announcement of termination, but it does not surprise me that Fubar has terminated it.

For what it is worth, one of the first drivers who tried to collect on it got the usual e-Mail to upload the documentation. He complied. Just as expected (by me and many others), Rohit sent him a reply with all sorts of nonsensical reasons why Uber was not gong to come across with his money. At that point, the denied driver took to various social media and publicly shamed Fubar for doing just what most of us who know Uber expected it to do. Khosrowshahi personally had to direct Rohit to give the driver his money. Several other drivers resorted to the same thing and most of them did get paid.

Welcome to YouPeaDotNet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts