Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Toyota Camry
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All you gotta do to bypass it and prevent being force signed off is immediately swipe away the moment you see crappy "Signing off crap". The forced sign off crap isn't coming from Uber servers, it's locally programmed in the local Uber driver app in your phone. You'll find yourself online again once you open app back up again if you swipe away the moment you see the "Signing off" forced sign off due to too many pings. Enjoy staying online. This works in android. I haven't tested on iPhone. One time Uber force signed me off while driving a pax and I could no longer navigate and pax helped me navigate to his house. Moment I signed back in I was still in ride with him. What a load of bullshit bonkers, force Signing off a driver with a pax enroute to pax destination after bombarding terrible undesirable far away pings? Good God Uber is borked and needs Dara fired.
Organism Sleeve Cartoon Gesture Cg artwork

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Yeah it’s about the same for iOS. Recently it may require hitting the Go button again, they really think threatening your “streak” is enough. Lyft is much worse about deliberately sending you a rotten ride for your third and last. They know exactly what they’re doing.

·
Premium Member
Toyota Camry
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is interesting. How can Uber sign you out if you're an independent contractor? Sometimes it's just baffling how they do things.
It's because they're a loser company listed in stock market so they use SEC as leverage

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've never been "signed out/off".....my acceptance rating is very low too

Once in awhile it will verify for my photo and wont let me continue until... but I never get signed out otherwise though

is this market dependent? I'm in vegas

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
I've never been "signed out/off".....my acceptance rating is very low too

Once in awhile it will verify for my photo and wont let me continue until... but I never get signed out otherwise though

is this market dependent? I'm in vegas
After three pings you refuse it will take you offline in Houston, Austin and San Antonio and you have to hit the Go button.

It will also reset your Pax Rating filter to four so you will have to put it back at the number you desire.

This is only for UberX and not UberEats.

As for UberEats it hasn’t done that to me since last year, so I am guessing they do not have enough drivers on the UberEats side so they can not use the take you offline nonsense.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
It will also reset your Pax Rating filter to four so you will have to put it back at the number you desire.
Your WHAT? This is just tongue in cheek humor that’s over my head.. right? I want a pax rating filter, even though I take degenerates when I’m bored enough. I like the challenge when it’s slow. And yes I get in a fight with that warning often on my way out of DFW. It’s an absurdity that can cause unsafe driving, though 635 or 114 is pretty empty at first. It’s even worse with the damn Trip Radar chiming in with more mind games. Sometimes Uber just wants to know if you’d die for them.

·
Premium Member
10,052 Posts
This is interesting. How can Uber sign you out if you're an independent contractor? Sometimes it's just baffling how they do things.
You’re not truly an IC. If you were, you’d have full transparency. You’d know the pickup, dropoff & pay before you’d accept. You’d have no repercussions or timeouts for declining or canceling.

You’re labeled an IC for tax purposes and for the flexibility. Uber doesn’t have to pay social security tax, unemployment tax, employee wages tax and workers compensation insurance nor do they have to reimburse you for business expenses. Yet they essentially treat you like an employee.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Your WHAT? This is just tongue in cheek humor that’s over my head.. right? I want a pax rating filter, even though I take degenerates when I’m bored enough. I like the challenge when it’s slow. And yes I get in a fight with that warning often on my way out of DFW. It’s an absurdity that can cause unsafe driving, though 635 or 114 is pretty empty at first. It’s even worse with the damn Trip Radar chiming in with more mind games. Sometimes Uber just wants to know if you’d die for them.
Rectangle Font Number Parallel Paper product

Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Diagram

Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Diagram

Yes, I have a rating filter.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Yes, I have a rating filter.
Ahhhh yeah I don’t have that. It’s either your market or do you have Diamond status or trial features.

Edit: DAMN that distance version of rides looks way better than Dallas pretending Pool rides exist and still forcing an additional button to trip over. So basically it lets X requests leak through if you can’t turn it off fast enough, when I may want only XL. Please give me an XL distance button…

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Ahhhh yeah I don’t have that. It’s either your market or do you have Diamond status or trial features.

Edit: DAMN that distance version of rides looks way better than Dallas pretending Pool rides exist and still forcing an additional button to trip over. So basically it lets X requests leak through if you can’t turn it off fast enough, when I may want only XL. Please give me an XL distance button…
I am not Diamond Status at all but I am figuring it has to do with the five star status or something I have no clue about.

I also get priority queue at the airport and I know that is for Diamond Status but my acceptance rate is never over forty, so I do not know why.

·
Premium Member
10,052 Posts
Dont forget the 100+ billion in unemployment & PPP uber drivers got without uber having to pay into anything.

So the 100+ billion they've "lost" since inception over 12 years ago they got another 100+ billion when the goverenment bailed out their employees I mean "independent contractors"

230+ billion dollars has been spent on the joke called uber gig apps ride share
but hey Im sure 1000 people made out like bandits

50,000 New drivers every month lol so I guess its 50,000 people who turn 21 & 70 every month
So until that number goes away they have 50,000 new idiots to try & trick every month
Just Imagine almost 2000 new idiots every day fall for this scam & actually sign up when the paperwork says .60 a mile

No one would sign up for that in 2015 & 2010 but here we are in 2022 no shortage of math drop outs
The unemployment & PPP drivers got was because our government closed everything down. All self-employed people, regardless of industry were included with the unemployment. If it were up to Uber, they wouldn’t have included drivers in it.

Are you still driving?

·
Premium Member
10,052 Posts
dara was begging on tv and wrote an open letter to the president to get that unemployment
if uber didnt get drivers that unemployment there would be no such thing as uber that would of def destroyed it

imagine the millions of uber drivers not getting unemployment for 2 years lmao

they went from 5 million rides a day to under 1 million, they had 30,000 employees and fired 20,000 of em lol

thats where all the revenue coming from amazing how much you save when you're not paying 20,000+ pencil pushers $200+ per day lmao no one mentions that on cnbc hmmmmmm

I know I enjoyed mine the full 18 months averaged $10,000 per ride those 2 years, thanks tax payers cuz i sho didnt pay into unemployment & we both know uber didnt pay a dime but sho did reap those benefits

yup im top 1% at this here scam called uber and its 99% because its an xl vehicle, I picked homebase on best uber ride in city from home, & i screen because Im not desperate & know basic math
I don’t recall Dara doing that or I forgot. Surprisingly he has a little bit of a heart after all. I got the unemployment for 5 months, but then I found a job. Ironically I found the job before my unemployment finally came. I paid taxes for over 30 years through traditional employment and since the government chose to f everyone over, I had no issues taking the unemployment.

Good you don’t have to drive for a full-time living now. No way would I want to now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts