Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So these models require no gas? Completely electric? Is Uber charging ridiculous rates for drivers to rent/lease these? Clearly I need to research this development...
100% electric.

Tesla vehicles are in UberX class. It makes same amount of money as Toyota Corolla.

To be part of UberBlack, the vehicle must be all black; out side and inside.

And there is a over $1,000 monthly loan payment on a 66 month plan.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tesla monthly payment
You see, under Tesla's given scenario, you'll actually pay a 10% down payment ($7,990, based on the pre-incentive price of the 85 kWh Model S), and then $1,199 per month. That's at 2.95% APR for 66 months, and without any taxes and fees.

http://www.teslamotors.com/support/tesla-leasing

·
24,263 Posts
Tesla vehicles are in UberX class. It makes same amount of money as Toyota Corolla.
......and cost at least four times the price. I had the money for the Tesla when I was looking to replace my taxi. I decided that for the price, and, for what I would need to do at home, it was not worth it. The Ford Fusion Hybrid simply made more sense. For less than the price of the Tesla, I got two Fusion hybrids: one for the taxi, one for UberX.

If you bought a black Tesla, could you use it for Uber Black? Considering what UberX pays, it makes no sense to spend that kind of money to drive that level of service. You could acquire a 2012 Camry for much less.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive seen various personal tags on Teslas that tell the world they are no longer chained to crude oil. Well guess what Sherlock? You still need Crude Oil to lubricate many moving parts in Tesla. The ball bearings in the electric motor, use oil grease. Wheel bearings use grease, the electric power steering used grease. Door hinges... oil grease. Sun roof... oil grease. The robots that make the car, need lubricant as well.

The list goes on and on.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
You could use a Tesla for Uber black if you're a licensed carrier. I see Carey has put a few on the road. It's not running Uber calls, but it's being used in the industry. I need another 100 miles of range before I would consider it. Yet at almost a $100k I might as well get a Sprinter.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
You could use a Tesla for Uber black if you're a licensed carrier. I see Carey has put a few on the road. It's not running Uber calls, but it's being used in the industry. I need another 100 miles of range before I would consider it. Yet at almost a $100k I might as well get a Sprinter.
FYI sprinter isn't being allowed on uber black platform.. Yet

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
FYI sprinter isn't being allowed on uber black platform.. Yet
Actually I could care less about Uber. I have an Uber black account and use it in my downtime, but if you're a limo operator depending on the income of Uber alone you're doing this business wrong. Those guys are going broke.

·
Registered
315 Posts
100% electric.

To be part of UberBlack, the vehicle must be all black; out side and inside.

And there is a over $1,000 monthly loan payment on a 66 month plan.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tesla monthly payment
You see, under Tesla's given scenario, you'll actually pay a 10% down payment ($7,990, based on the pre-incentive price of the 85 kWh Model S), and then $1,199 per month. That's at 2.95% APR for 66 months, and without any taxes and fees.

http://www.teslamotors.com/support/tesla-leasing
Who in their right mind and in possession of basic math skills would drive one of these on the X platform?!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. For $80 k u buy a sprinter limo and rent it out for $130 an hour minimum 4-5 hours a gig

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ive seen various personal tags on Teslas that tell the world they are no longer chained to crude oil. Well guess what Sherlock? You still need Crude Oil to lubricate many moving parts in Tesla. The ball bearings in the electric motor, use oil grease. Wheel bearings use grease, the electric power steering used grease. Door hinges... oil grease. Sun roof... oil grease. The robots that make the car, need lubricant as well.

The list goes on and on.
Your really not comparing filling your car up with 20+ gallons of gasoline for every couple hundred miles you drive to the very small amount of oil (which you don't change every 3000 miles)
I don't even think the whole car has a gallon of crude oil (as lubricant) in it

·
Registered
428 Posts
It would be profitable. I read that a Tesla only costs $0.03 per mile to operate. If you use the free superchargers, it's probably less than that.
But there is a MUCH bigger problem with a Tesla lease as Your only allowed MAX 15,000 miles a year with the lease ($1154 a month x 12 =$13,848) so in order to actually make the car payment + insurance you will be putting more miles on than you make. @ avg $1 a mile. So You'll be working for FREE. ONCE AGAIN WE WORK FOR FREE FOR UBER.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Your really not comparing filling your car up with 20+ gallons of gasoline for every couple hundred miles you drive to the very small amount of oil (which you don't change every 3000 miles)
I don't even think the whole car has a gallon of crude oil (as lubricant) in it
It's not the same, but over time it adds up to a big number.

·
Registered
621 Posts

The list goes on and on.
If you really want to split hairs, you can say that fossil fuels are used to generate the electricity these cars charge up with. Not to mention the less than green process used in their manufacture, especially the batteries.

·
24,263 Posts
Actually I could care less about Uber. I have an Uber black account and use it in my downtime, but if you're a limo operator depending on the income of Uber alone you're doing this business wrong. Those guys are going broke.
Your use of the Uber Black account was the original purpose of the application, from the driver's perspective, that is. T. Kalanick sold it to the limousine operators and drivers as something to do with their downtime, the time between bookings. Someone, somewhere got the idea to buy a Lincoln Towncar, or something similar and run only Uber work. Thus was born the "dedicated Uber driver". They were making pretty good money ducking, ignoring and breaking every law on the book in many jurisdictions. Shortly after that, Uber Taxi arrived in a few jurisdictions, as did Hail-O. Both of those showed up in Washington, as well as My Taxi. My Taxi was first, followed by Uber Taxi followed by
Hail-O. That took much of the business away from Uber Black. Those guys are not doing as well as they used to do. Be you an owner-operator, or, fleet-operator, you are going to have a hard time paying your bills on Uber Black, alone. It has reverted to its original purpose: something for a limousine driver to do with his downtime.

They would also be Select eligible... if that's offered in DC.
It is not. We have UberX, UberXL, Uber Taxi, Uber Black and Uber SUV, here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts