Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I saw a triple black Tesla Model X with Uber trade dress last night at the Cosmopolitan.

I was impressed that someone with an $80,000 -$120,000 car has made it available to Uber riders. It's going to be a great test of the falcon wing doors.
Crazy !!!!!! I quit driving my Q5 Audi because the demand for select is to low .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Alowing ghetto people a cheap ride in a Tesla, why take the bus? Same price, soon we wont need the city bus, just have a 1000 people stand on the side of the road waiting for Ubur to show up! I was laughing at all the idiots waiting for Ubur at SLS while the taxi line just flowed smoothly. They were probably still there...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Alowing ghetto people a cheap ride in a Tesla, why take the bus? Same price, soon we wont need the city bus, just have a 1000 people stand on the side of the road waiting for Ubur to show up! I was laughing at all the idiots waiting for Ubur at SLS while the taxi line just flowed smoothly. They were probably still there...
I thought the SLS closed

·
Registered
770 Posts
I saw a triple black Tesla Model X with Uber trade dress last night at the Cosmopolitan.

I was impressed that someone with an $80,000 -$120,000 car has made it available to Uber riders. It's going to be a great test of the falcon wing doors.
If you are driving full time and can afford the "entry" price, its not the worst option. You are able to write off the full value. Zero fuel cost. You can drive all 3 platforms, and IF they ever add UberBlack you would also qualify for that.

Supercharger downtown, so you can charge during your lunch break.

Crazy !!!!!! I quit driving my Q5 Audi because the demand for select is to low .
Can also be used for XL.

I thought the SLS closed
Nope

·
Premium Member
60,720 Posts

I hear that they leak from the factory. Harder to slam though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would get old quick getting out and opening them for everyone.
You don't have to get out to open any of the doors. Just like a minivan's power sliding doors, all of the Model X's doors open and close with a push of a button.

The falcon wing doors are way high when open. So there should be little chance of an idiot reaching all the way up and messing up the door motors.

But I suppose you would need to get out to assist people into the third row, just like any other XL with a middle bench seat (if so configured).

·
Registered
770 Posts
You don't have to get out to open any of the doors. Just like a minivan's power sliding doors, all of the Model X's doors open and close with a push of a button.

The falcon wing doors are way high when open. So there should be little chance of an idiot reaching all the way up and messing up the door motors.

But I suppose you would need to get out to assist people into the third row, just like any other XL with a middle bench seat (if so configured).
Yeah, but people will stand right on top of them, and that makes them not open all the way because of the sensors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts