Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I went out with some friends at a tampa bay beer fest in St pete. A few of them took an uber to the location. . The driver had to stop for gas and air in his tires....the pickupis about 20 or less mIles away from destination.. if that's not a one star I don't know what is...

they gave him 4.... im pretty sure I've gotten a 4 for having shorts on.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Brb, getting popcorn.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I had my tire light come on, I had just finished checking and adjusting the pressure in my tires and one of them was high so it took it out of the set range after adjusting. Of course the light didn't come on until I was in the middle of a ride, not sure if they noticed but I hated it and was embarrassed because I take care of all of my vehicles.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I'd excuse the air in the tires. It could be he picked up something on the road on the way. The gas though...come on. He should have taken care of THAT before he started. I don't start driving unless I have a full tank and don't let it get below half a tank while I drive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd excuse the air in the tires. It could be he picked up something on the road on the way. The gas though...come on. He should have taken care of THAT before he started. I don't start driving unless I have a full tank and don't let it get below half a tank while I drive.
EXACTLY

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I wanna be upset but you are just too fking cool well known member. I bow to thee
I wear a t-shirt and shirts all the time, and im pretty sure ive gotten *3 stars for having better looking quadriceps then PAX.

Uber on.

Reactions: Wisecrackin MN

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Holy crap!
I dont know for fact dude. But if you ever worked in retail long enough, you know that people will ***** and complain about things that make no sense, just to flex the "customer is always right" muscle. Its very common in DMV area.

With Uber, PAX silently judge you, then rate you, with out you knowing why you got a low rating.

I rarely smile because i dont like to fake it. In DC; smiles, polite verbal gestures are fake half the time. I remember few weeks ago, i stopped next to a taxi cab. PAX opens the taxi door, drivers turns around and smiles at the PAX. Driver looked like Smigel from Lord of the Rings, but he had a honestly genuine smile that you will rarely see in DC.

Reactions: Jedi Driver

·
Registered
718 Posts
My tire light is on, but I have week old tires and made sure to get it checked out and it's the tire monitoring system, which I'm am perfectly capable of doing

·
Registered
108 Posts
Uberguytampa,

Pax don't like it when we wear shorts? It's 95 degrees outside! Well, I am wearing shorts and will be comfortable.

·
24,224 Posts
Of course the light didn't come on until I was in the middle of a ride, not sure if they noticed but I hated it and was embarrassed because I take care of all of my vehicles.
Please do not tell me that you are just learning that Murphy rides Uber.

I don't start driving unless I have a full tank and don't let it get below half a tank while I drive.
I prefer it that way but will go with three quarters/one third. One third will get me from Washington to Friendship Airport, even in Rush Hour then to the gasolene station at that airport. When I drove in the Virginia suburbs, they would take away your twenty-four hour rental if you ran out of gasolene or had a flat spare.

Reactions: D Town

·
Registered
251 Posts
.95 cents a mile and .13 cents per minute waiting time, holy cow that is a lot dough. You deserve the 4 stars.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Tonight I went out with some friends at a tampa bay beer fest in St pete. A few of them took an uber to the location. . The driver had to stop for gas and air in his tires....the pickupis about 20 or less mIles away from destination.. if that's not a one star I don't know what is...

Any chance they would want to stop at Mickie Ds for dinner? :) but that's strange. I always try to have a full tank of gas, dress in a collared shirt and black business pants. I would never make extra stops. That's unprofessional. Takes extra time to make the trip and more money clients have to pay, for the driver using their time as his own.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Had to stop at a rest stop to pee while pax waited in the car. It was an hour drive on i95 in traffic. Guess i should have had a Urinary catheter installed during my last oil change.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Wisecrackin MN
1 - 20 of 26 Posts