Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cradle is on dash, sun beaming through windshield. Thinking of rubberbanding a damp cloth to rear of phone case... Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice? Much obliged!

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, no good. Cradle came with vent attach option, but vents in ride are vertical and oddly shaped. Just wont hold.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The airframe that I use works fine in vertical vents. I just put it at the bottom (so it doesn't slide) and then hook my phone in it. The airframe has slots going in both directions for a variety of vent types. It also holds your phone tight. There are two sizes: one for smaller phones and one for phablets (but not tablets).

Otherwise, I understand what you're saying. I used to live in Vegas and temps outside were over 100 and that sun blaring down on the phone always gave me a warning about overheating while charging (so it stopped charging) and then would shut off when it still didn't get cooled down.

Can you find a vertical dashboard mount or CD mount to at least get it off of the top of the dash?

The only thing that I hate about the AC vent clips is that it blocks the AC when I need it on me! LOL. Living in Sacramento, AC is a necessity and especially when first getting in the car while it's been parked outside, need all the air I can get!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Try this, if your using an andriod phone, turn off fast charge, take phone out of case, get a different case, turn off all your background running aps, and check out Proclips, http://www.proclipusa.com
I use a proclip for my subaru, it get the phone down just below your dash, so outsiders can't see it, and just below a ac vent.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Thanks, no good. Cradle came with vent attach option, but vents in ride are vertical and oddly shaped. Just wont hold.
My a/c vents are oddly shaped too, way too thick for tje clips and too deep.

I used a couple of zip ties to secure the base for the cradle. No problems at all.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Best buy sells a vent mount that's magenetic. The supplies come with a metal plate to stick in the back of the phone with an optional stick on plate to the back of phone. It might seem a little overpriced at around $30 but I've gotten my money's worth out of it over time.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I had a magnetic one, but going over a large speed bump (common in my area and they're so big they call them speed tables) or a pot hole and it would fall off the mount.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
My a/c vents are odd shaped, the clips aren't long enough and the vent doors are too thick. I used a zip tie.

Phone Holder was $9.99 at Autozone.
Black cable ties, $1.00 at the dollar store.

I've never had a problem with over heating whule in the cradle. I did before i got tbe ac vent. My old phone, the one in the picture, anytime I had the screen on while it was on the charger it would get hot if it was, Qnt in the ac mount,

Screenshot_20160706-183336.jpg
Screenshot_20160706-183336.jpg
Screenshot_20160706-182922.jpg
Screenshot_20160706-182926.jpg

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have a little insulated bag I use to keep my water cold while driving. I had to put my phone I the cooler bag for a few minutes after mine overheated.

Reactions: wk1102
1 - 16 of 16 Posts