Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
"I Wish People Understood What It's Like To Drive For These Services"

Some people see unprofitable offer and decline.

Some people see unprofitable order and accept anyway hoping for big tip. After getting stiffed a couple of times they’ll start decline these rides

Then you have people who cry on social media about accepting poor orders and poor pay. His 10 Hour snow storm story had me thinking maybe he’d be better off getting a minimum wage job $15 an hour instead of driving around in the snow for $12 an hour minus expenses.

I’ve had slow hours where I make $10-$15 but I only drove 5-8 miles to get it and spent 20 minutes completing the order in its entirety. The other 45 minutes were spent playing on my phone parked somewhere declining bad orders until I get a good one.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
I had a conversation with a girl
yesterday about delivery.
She said she knew someone who
was making pretty good money.
I was like look at it this way.
How much money do you think
you could make delivering $3 big macs?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
---------

I drive for Lyft.. All my passengers on the phone say they are in an Uber..
I guess the word Uber has universally become the name for all RideShare.
In the UK drivers like fulla are too ashamed too admit they work for Uber instead they call themselves TAXI drivers , you never get real TAXI drivers calling themselves Uber drivers ,strange that . 🤔

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,432 Posts
To be fair taxi drivers have over 110 years of history of being hard working middle class who can support themselves and their family off their income. While it wasn't a glamourous job it's something you could make a living on.

Uber drivers have about a decade of being screwed by the man and fired for doing their job, defending themselves, or enforcing basic safety laws, living out of their cars, and all around not cool times.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
In the UK drivers like fulla are too ashamed too admit they work for Uber instead they call themselves TAXI drivers , you never get real TAXI drivers calling themselves Uber drivers ,strange that . 🤔
17 quid in 5 hour you sure it not other way round SPAMIE!

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be fair taxi drivers have over 110 years of history of being hard working middle class who can support themselves and their family off their income. While it wasn't a glamourous job it's something you could make a living on.

Uber drivers have about a decade of being screwed by the man and fired for doing their job, defending themselves, or enforcing basic safety laws, living out of their cars, and all around not cool times.
Some still struggle to read Fulla keeps reading his badge as TAXI DRIVER ,maybe he should get someone to read it out to him :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,432 Posts
Some still struggle to read Fulla keeps reading his badge as TAXI DRIVER ,maybe he should get someone to read it out to him :)
I myself have full insurance/permits to transport passengers independently in two counties... my car also says "taxi" on it.

I get 350% of what an uber driver gets per ride... do the math.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Beg to differ you are a private hire driver (slave) :)
I hardly see any difference;
1) taxi has a meter so do Apps
2) you pick people from point A and drop the off to point B, same as App drivers
3) stand outside a taxi rank and you will see nearly all of the with massive sat nav mounted on the windscreen just like App drivers
4) ph and taxi drivers both regulated and licensed by the same organisation
5) taxis wait on ranks so do App drivers
6) taxis have a few scums working same as few App driver scums.
And the list just goes on and on Meatpie.....

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hardly see any difference;
1) taxi has a meter so do Apps
2) you pick people from point A and drop the off to point B, same as App drivers
3) stand outside a taxi rank and you will see nearly all of the with massive sat nav mounted on the windscreen just like App drivers
4) ph and taxi drivers both regulated and licensed by the same organisation
5) taxis wait on ranks so do App drivers
6) taxis have a few scums working same as few App driver scums.
And the list just goes on and on Meatpie.....
One big difference is you're licence says "Private hire " ,and you are not capable of passing the qualifying tests to obtain a TAXI licence .

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In general speaking what is taxi and what is a role of taxi driver?
A TAXI driver can legally make himself freely available for hire in any public place, a private hire driver can only be hired through a third party operator and cannot stand or ply for hire in a public place 😀

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
A TAXI driver can legally make himself freely available for hire in any public place, a private hire driver can only be hired through a third party operator and cannot stand or ply for hire in a public place 😀
You can live in your lalaland as much as you want but ... You know what i don't think it's worth prove it something... It's most likely all this coming from black cab union pr department isn't? Otherwise it doesn't make any sense why you have all this obsession about uber and other similar apps...

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You can live in your lalaland as much as you want but ... You know what i don't think it's worth prove it something... It's most likely all this coming from black cab union pr department isn't? Otherwise it doesn't make any sense why you have all this obsession about uber and other similar apps...
No its coming from statute law :)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts