Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,402 Posts
The ONLY reason I clicked on this was to (maybe) determine exactly wtf the "drivers market" is?
Is there an address with zip code?
A URL?

Do they take bitcoin in The Drivers Market?

I gots me some QUESTIONS ...
** pant - pant **

·
Administrator
6,706 Posts
Hardly any surges anymore.
Same here. During the Summer, between the teachers off work for Summer break and the college students returning home for the Summer, our market can be a bit oversaturated.

·
24,495 Posts
This must be market specific. We still have surges here; good surges. Most of the TNC and cab drivers to whom I spoke at the beginning of the pandemic told me that they were not returning.

You can not blame the teachers for most of what is taught in the schools. It is mostly the administrators, and those higher up, at that, who determine what is taught in the schools.

Many of you are familiar with the old saw:

Those who can not do, teach.

Some are familiar with the second part:

Those who can not teach, coach.

Very few know the third and final part to this:

Those who can do none of the above become administrators.

If you are unhappy about what the schools are teaching your child, you must tell the School Board and the Administrators, with the emphasis on the latter. Generally, the School Board will issue broad policy statements then leave it up to the Stupidintendent of Schools and those immediately under him to implement it. As the latter are the people who actually are allegedly aware of the material being taught, they are the people to whom the parents must make known their displeasure.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Geez I'm ignorant. I've been driving Uber since the late 60s and have never heard that teachers driving during summer break was a thing.

I guess I will blame my college professors for this gap in my knowledge.

Reactions: th3r4f

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Geez I'm ignorant. I've been driving Uber since the late 60s and have never heard that teachers driving during summer break was a thing.

You’ve been driving Uber since before the Internet was invented?

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Oh wait. That part was rwong. That was something else I was doing in the 60s.

Reactions: Amos69

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts

When the Los Angeles Unified School District goes on vacation ride demand falls through the floor in the area. A lot of factors come into play to cause this decline in demand, with teachers doing rideshare in their downtime being just one of them. A lot of teachers are moms too. When mom is on vacation she is available as a free Uber for her offspring. Dads too.

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
If you are unhappy about what the schools are teaching your child, you must tell the School Board and the Administrators,
You're a funny guy. I like you.

Unfortunately for victims parents like @SHalester, the school board is bought and paid for by teachers unions. That way, parents can be made to babysit their kids during a pandemic while teachers sit at home in their pajamas, paid in full.

"This will serve as the first elected position held by both Bratt and Clark, who were both endorsed and financially backed by the district's teachers' union, the San Ramon Valley Education Association."

And don't forget to pay their bonus too.

I worked for four years at one of the most dysfunctional school districts in the country, so I know how the game is played. But more importantly, I know the players. And I don't need a program.

·
Administrator
6,706 Posts
This thread has been posted in the general forums meaning it is related to driving, not politics. We have a whole subforum devoted to politics, feel free to use it!

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
Hardly any surges anymore.
Question for OP. Are you saying teachers on summer vacation are driving ride-share?

Or are you saying students off for summer vacation don't need any rides?

Reactions: MHR

·
Premium Member
11,402 Posts
Question for OP. Are you saying teachers on summer vacation are driving ride-share?

Or are you saying students off for summer vacation don't need any rides?
I THINK what he's saying is that we are too helpful.
We 'teach' other drivers how to make money - and when everyone knows then nobody makes much money.

But, his point is difficult to obtain.

And, yea, it is too bad that the profession of teaching has become so political.

·
Premium Member
15,640 Posts
very amazing how somebody can take 2 variables, mush them together, and TADA theory. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The ONLY reason I clicked on this was to (maybe) determine exactly wtf the "drivers market" is?
Is there an address with zip code?
A URL?

Do they take bitcoin in The Drivers Market?

I gots me some QUESTIONS ...
** pant - pant **
If you don't understand what a market, a Passenger, and a driver are, you should just go back under your rock.
very amazing how somebody can take 2 variables, mush them together, and TADA theory. :rolleyes:
It is no theory, it is fact. You see a totally different type of Driver at the IAH tnc lot....blatantly obvious....

·
Administrator
6,706 Posts
Market dependent.

Fact in one market does not preclude surges in other markets.
I was wondering about this last night and was thinking that it might not happen as much elsewhere. However, in our State, it is a frequent complaint in local drivers’ groups. It also happens again at Christmas break.

@DDW is in Texas as well.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts