Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the bonus schemes are more realistic to achieve without driving all day but I wonder what the demand will be like with the reduced 15% discount.

Also, the weekend bonuses kind of suck. Just 9pm-midnight? What about the day time? Weekend day time is very busy

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I think it will be very hard to hit 6 trips on Friday for a $60 bonus. It will be a feeding frenzy lol
View attachment 203906
Yeah but the 4 trips is MUCH easier.... note you must
IMPORTANT: To receive the loyalty bonus, you must complete at least 70% of the trips you have received during the relevant bonus period. You can track the progress of the bonuses in your Driver app.
To do this you need to download the new version of the driver app:)
This is an improvement
There are over $345 of bonuses that are available this week. Drivers will earn bonuses for completing a number of trips during certain time periods, for example:

• Complete 4 trips on Mon-Fri, between 7am and 10am, and receive a +$20 bonus
  • Complete 3 trips on Mon-Fri, between 5pm and 7pm, and receive a +$15 bonus
  • Complete 6 trips on Sat-Sun, between 9pm and 11:59pm, and receive a +$30 bonus

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think this bonus structure makes much difference.

So they give you an extra $20 if you do the morning peak hour commute. You'd prob make more with Uber surge + more trips on uber, less travelling time, less cancellations etc.
Yes I agree with you UberRambo, but if you have been on Taxify a lot you will know that travelling time has reduced, cancellations are not common and the timings are indeed designed to "kill" the Uber surge. We will see what happens over the next few days

·
Premium Member
10,270 Posts
Taxify was off, as I was in Uber surge zone

My surge was more than $20 bonus...for the morning...

Taxify bonuses are less now,

7 trips you get $35 for whole day working the peaks..

If you drive outside the peaks, you get zip :(

They should have left the 15 trips bonus of $60 as well as the new ones..

Less incentive to taxify now,

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I preferred the $100 bonuses, but these new bonuses are better than the $60 15-18 trip bonus.

·
Premium Member
10,270 Posts
I preferred the $100 bonuses, but these new bonuses are better than the $60 15-18 trip bonus.
I've done 6 taxify jobs but all outside the bonus time
If I hit 15 and 3 of then in the afternoon peak ,then my bonus is only $15 compared to the old one of $60

The old scheme benefited full time drivers
This one gone the other way and part timers are better off doing just peak hours..

They need to bring back the daily bonus as well

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well. This is certainly going to hit my hip pocket!

Taxify was off, as I was in Uber surge zone

My surge was more than $20 bonus...for the morning...

Taxify bonuses are less now,

7 trips you get $35 for whole day working the peaks..

If you drive outside the peaks, you get zip :(

They should have left the 15 trips bonus of $60 as well as the new ones..

Less incentive to taxify now,
Definitely. However....I compared my earings without the bonuses, still higher than Uber.

Yeah but the 4 trips is MUCH easier.... note you must
IMPORTANT: To receive the loyalty bonus, you must complete at least 70% of the trips you have received during the relevant bonus period. You can track the progress of the bonuses in your Driver app.
To do this you need to download the new version of the driver app:)
This is an improvement
There are over $345 of bonuses that are available this week. Drivers will earn bonuses for completing a number of trips during certain time periods, for example:

• Complete 4 trips on Mon-Fri, between 7am and 10am, and receive a +$20 bonus
  • Complete 3 trips on Mon-Fri, between 5pm and 7pm, and receive a +$15 bonus
  • Complete 6 trips on Sat-Sun, between 9pm and 11:59pm, and receive a +$30 bonus
$345 worth of bonuses...if you work seven days a week. Woo.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
FYI, Taxify is in its fourth week in Melbourne now.
50% discount to pax has gone down to 40% from today.
Bonus for ants gone down from $80 to $50 for 13 or 16 trips a day.

I am not sure whether I will chase the current bonus, but after the bonus goes down again, I am sure I won't drive Taxify anymore.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Taxify will not be successful in Australia due to there anti driver absurd rules. All they will do for the time being is hang in there and waste more money in bonuses.
Australians won’t accept taxify’s crazy conditions when they have the choice to choose better conditions. This is not a 3rd world country Taxify.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Taxify will not be successful in Australia due to there anti driver absurd rules. All they will do for the time being is hang in there and waste more money in bonuses.
Australians won't accept taxify's crazy conditions when they have the choice to choose better conditions. This is not a 3rd world country Taxify.
I am going to disagree. Accepting 75% of pings is a piece of cake as is avoiding 70% cancellations by riders. The only ones falling foul of these stats are people who purposely avoid accepting pings or accept pings while completing an Uber trip.

The # 1 complaint from Uber riders involves the driver cancelling. I wish Uber would crack down on these drivers but thus far they haven't.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I am going to disagree. Accepting 75% of pings is a piece of cake as is avoiding 70% cancellations by riders. The only ones falling foul of these stats are people who purposely avoid accepting pings or accept pings while completing an Uber trip.

The # 1 complaint from Uber drivers involves the driver cancelling. I wish Uber would crack down on these drivers but thus far they haven't.
Maybe so but the notion of getting sacked is absurd and goes against what a private a contractor is. There could be circumstances where one might fall below the 70% due to various reasons. 70% is to high.
Also with uber when the surge is on my acceptance rate sometimes falls very low. I have certain strategies to make the most of a busy night. Uber's algorithm has also been punishing me for this. It's quite obvious. They want us to work like robots and accept all pings so they can make more money. Not accepting pings does not really have much negatives for a pax.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Maybe so but the notion of getting sacked is absurd and goes against what a private a contractor is. There could be circumstances where one might fall below the 70% due to various reasons. 70% is to high.
Also with uber when the surge is on my acceptance rate sometimes falls very low. I have certain strategies to make the most of a busy night. Uber's algorithm has also been punishing me for this. It's quite obvious. They want us to work like robots and accept all pings so they can make more money. Not accepting pings does not really have much negatives for a pax.
If you have an acceptance rate below 80% then you are not really ready to accept jobs when offered and should go offline.
The only time I do not accept a job from Taxify is when I just received a job from FUber 5 second before and did not have time to switch apps and turn off Taxify.
Note - This also happens with FUber as well.
So far the non acceptance due to jobs from the other app is about 1 in 65.

·
Registered
636 Posts
If you have an acceptance rate below 80% then you are not really ready to accept jobs when offered and should go offline.
The only time I do not accept a job from Taxify is when I just received a job from FUber 5 second before and did not have time to switch apps and turn off Taxify.
Note - This also happens with FUber as well.
So far the non acceptance due to jobs from the other app is about 1 in 65.
U make a valid point but being threatened with the sack for not accepting above 70% is unreasonable and it goes against the freedom of being a private contractor. If they just stuck to not paying a bonus for those who fall below the 70% I could understand.
As private contractors we should have the choice and the freedom to choose who we take in our cars. Is it theoretically possible that one can get consecutive pings from low rated pax. Those who don't work full time and that don't do many trips don't have much buffer room before falling below the 70% acceptance rate.
In reality your right, but the whole notion of getting sacked due to acceptance rates for a private contractor is a problem. Can u see how this is restricting a drivers freedom just like some of the other stuff taxify enforces drivers to do.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
U make a valid point but being threatened with the sack for not accepting above 70% is unreasonable and it goes against the freedom of being a private contractor. If they just stuck to not paying a bonus for those who fall below the 70% I could understand.
As private contractors we should have the choice and the freedom to choose who we take in our cars. Is it theoretically possible that one can get consecutive pings from low rated pax. Those who don't work full time and that don't do many trips don't have much buffer room before falling below the 70% acceptance rate.
In reality your right, but the whole notion of getting sacked due to acceptance rates for a private contractor is a problem. Can u see how this is restricting a drivers freedom just like some of the other stuff taxify enforces drivers to do.
In my case, Uber acceptance rate is 16%(was 12 until this morning). Taxify is 92.5%. I am sure my Taxify acceptance rate will go up to 100% soon because I won't drive Taxify anymore. Lol

1 - 20 of 53 Posts