1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Suck sh1t to these morons, let's hope they catch the rest of the guys who were involved because stories say there were more than just two people involved in the attacks.

Wish I had tomorrow off to attend court to hear their pitiful excuse for assaulting someone. If I assaulted a taxi driver every time I saw them doing something illegal I'd expect the book to be thrown at me.

Their argument is with the Qld state government, not with Uber drivers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
May I respectfully ask all forum members refrain from any derogatory remarks. As this case goes to court, the defence will be trolling this forum to try to get the attackers off all charges.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Shame on the guys who resorted to violence for such a trivial matter. Its not a life or death situation.

I hope they get what they deserve.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
These pair have further tarnished the taxi industry as thugs. Its a shame that when a few taxi drivers do the wrong thing, the general public loop the whole industry into their perception which ruins it for the hardworking honest cabbies out there (rare, but they exist) but when an Uber driver does the wrong thing i.e GC pax attack, the perception is that one single driver is a bad egg. Their little escapade to momentarily take a few Uber drivers off the road have driven many loyal Taxi customers straight to Uber, I fail to see what they were trying to achieve.

It's reassuring to see the offenders were apprehended rather swiftly. I see countless stories of taxi drivers on the coast getting seriously injured and the perpetrators are not always found even with internal and external cameras.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks like they got a slap on the wrist. Where is the justice? although I do find it hillarious that he was probably venting over a 5%-10% drop in income now he is job/prospect less. Looks like he will have to focus on a career delivering pizza from now on.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ker-of-stealing-business-20151009-gk54zw.html

Looks like the Taxi Mob they were working for was Black and White Cabs. I hope good citizens choose to boycot them.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/2975942...ne-uber-driver-allegedly-bashed-by-taxi-gang/

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Watched part of the story on Ch 9 news last night - one of the gutless freaks was covering his face claiming to be innocent. These morons booked and Uber (using a traceable mobile phone to secure the Uber ride) before assaulting them. Not only are they ****s, they are morons because they incriminated themselves by using their mobile phone to book the ride.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Looks like they got a slap on the wrist. Where is the justice? although I do find it hillarious that he was probably venting over a 5%-10% drop in income now he is job/prospect less. Looks like he will have to focus on a career delivering pizza from now on.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ker-of-stealing-business-20151009-gk54zw.html

Looks like the Taxi Mob they were working for was Black and White Cabs. I hope good citizens choose to boycot them.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/2975942...ne-uber-driver-allegedly-bashed-by-taxi-gang/
Hardly a slap on the wrist, they got bail meaning the case hasn't been heard yet. They'll now doubt be found guilty meaning they can't drive taxi's any longer, but interestingly enough they could driver for Uber because the state won't take back their driver authority cards - and since Uber doesn't have live access to the criminal database, they'll probably just accept their drive authorities without making them get a police check done. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hardly a slap on the wrist, they got bail meaning the case hasn't been heard yet. They'll now doubt be found guilty meaning they can't drive taxi's any longer, but interestingly enough they could driver for Uber because the state won't take back their driver authority cards - and since Uber doesn't have live access to the criminal database, they'll probably just accept their drive authorities without making them get a police check done. :rolleyes:
Sure but don't you think Uber have all the details of the criminals now?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts