Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened a couple of days ago... While at Logan I accepted a Lyft line from terminal C arrivals going downtown. I greet the passenger through the window, pop open the trunk and suddenly this cab driver starts taking pictures of us, my car and my license plate. I asked him what he was doing and he said "getting proof that Uber is picking up at the airport, you should know it's illegal". Little did he know it was a Lyft ride...

Anyway, any reasons I should worry?
Thanks folks!

·
Premium Member
4,968 Posts
I thought any rideshare car picking up at Logan needs livery (or is it plain old commercial insurance, at least?).

I believe even UberX can pick up at Logan, as long as livery plates? There are some outfits on Craigslist employing Uber drivers with this type of insurance, so it seems that's allowed. Same as Uber Black...don't they have livery/commercial plates automatically, thus they check in and pay a fee at the limo pool?

Never knew about this Lyft Line at Logan but I think I've seen it on other cities' boards here? But I believe those airports already allow all rideshare drivers, usually requiring a permit or decal.

It's unfair that taxis and livery pay a $5.25 toll to leave Logan with pax, plus taxis charge the pax another $2.25 MassPort fee. I think livery charges a fee assessed by MassPort of over $3. So a taxi pax pays me $7.50 to leave Logan; sure, I don't lose $$$ as the pax simply reimburses me...but don't you think some of that lessens my tip?

I pay the $5.25 even if driving thru the tunnels empty whereas I think UberX pays $3.50 driving back empty, after doing business activity.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
This happened a couple of days ago... While at Logan I accepted a Lyft line from terminal C arrivals going downtown. I greet the passenger through the window, pop open the trunk and suddenly this cab driver starts taking pictures of us, my car and my license plate. I asked him what he was doing and he said "getting proof that Uber is picking up at the airport, you should know it's illegal". Little did he know it was a Lyft ride...

Thanks folks!
POST # 1/Jper: "Ahoy!" and Welcome
to the UP.Net Forums
from Very Scenic Sunsetting Marco Is-
land on Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

BostonBarry is an ALL LYFTER if
you want to Connect utilizing Conver-
sation Function.
Choochie in MetroWest has ALSO
ditched #[F]Uber for Lyft FT.
Courageous in WestPalmBeach keeps
tabs on the ZELLO Network for UPNFers
Nationwide, if no locals can fill you in.
ZELLO is push-to-talk but requires invite
from a Local Networked Member.
"What's App" is a Text-Based Service
worth checking out.

I'm glad that Your Third Thread has
attracted "Well-Knowns" & "Notables"
to the Discussion.

Merry:)Christmas from Marco Island!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I thought any rideshare car picking up at Logan needs livery (or is it plain old commercial insurance, at least?).

I believe even UberX can pick up at Logan, as long as livery plates? There are some outfits on Craigslist employing Uber drivers with this type of insurance, so it seems that's allowed. Same as Uber Black...don't they have livery/commercial plates automatically, thus they check in and pay a fee at the limo pool?

Never knew about this Lyft Line at Logan but I think I've seen it on other cities' boards here? But I believe those airports already allow all rideshare drivers, usually requiring a permit or decal.

It's unfair that taxis and livery pay a $5.25 toll to leave Logan with pax, plus taxis charge the pax another $2.25 MassPort fee. I think livery charges a fee assessed by MassPort of over $3. So a taxi pax pays me $7.50 to leave Logan; sure, I don't lose $$$ as the pax simply reimburses me...but don't you think some of that lessens my tip?

I pay the $5.25 even if driving thru the tunnels empty whereas I think UberX pays $3.50 driving back empty, after doing business activity.
POST # 5/Boston Taxi Driver: Thank
You for ELUCIDATING
the Specifics for NUberer Jper!

Merry:)Christmas from Marco Island, FL!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Yes, you need livery plates and the windshield decal to pickup at Logan.

I overheard two Lyfters talking at the BK in Southie that MSP was grabbing Uberers and Lyfters that were dropping off, and reminding them that they can't pickup, and should leave the airport ASAP after the drop.
POST # 9/@turnpikewarrior:"Ahoy!" and
Welcome to UP.Net Forums
from Sunny Low 80's "Irish Riviera South"
Marco Island on Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

Nice looking rig y'got theah! Is gas mileage
a concern ? "The Barn" you referred to:
RoadSalt Storage @90 &128 or a euphamism
for HomeSweetHome ?

Mentoring Bison: Curious, but in a GoodWay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
"The Irish Riviera" you refer to; would that be Breezy Point, NY perhaps?

Thank you for the compliment for "The Turnpike Warrior Princess". We get about 15-16 mpg. going downhill with s tailwind. I have a regular gig, fortunately that keeps me in octane and Grey Goose. I need some extra dough each month for stogies and fresh limes.

"The Barn"" is the code name for the Princess' golden palace nestled outside the city of seven hills.

Thank you for your interest oh mighty Bison.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
POST # 1/Jper: "Ahoy!" and Welcome
to the UP.Net Forums
from Very Scenic Sunsetting Marco Is-
land on Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

BostonBarry is an ALL LYFTER if
you want to Connect utilizing Conver-
sation Function.
Choochie in MetroWest has ALSO
ditched #[F]Uber for Lyft FT.
Courageous in WestPalmBeach keeps
tabs on the ZELLO Network for UPNFers
Nationwide, if no locals can fill you in.
ZELLO is push-to-talk but requires invite
from a Local Networked Member.
"What's App" is a Text-Based Service
worth checking out.

I'm glad that Your Third Thread has
attracted "Well-Knowns" & "Notables"
to the Discussion.

Merry:)Christmas from Marco Island!
Not quite, I'd be dying trying to work just Lyft and Lyft isn't in MetroWest, Casuale, only Boston. I do more $$ in less time with Lyft. I do the prime time, also the people seem better so far and tip 40% of the time! thus far. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

Thanks folks!
No don't worry until you get your ticket from the MA state police and your car impounded. Well I don't know if they impound your car but I hear they give you a big ticket. What gives you the idea that Lyft has some special deal with the airport, did someone tell you that? If so they weren't your friend, driver beware!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
"The Irish Riviera" you refer to; would that be Breezy Point, NY perhaps?

Thank you for the compliment for "The Turnpike Warrior Princess". We get about 15-16 mpg. going downhill with s tailwind. I have a regular gig, fortunately that keeps me in octane and Grey Goose. I need some extra dough each month for stogies and fresh limes.

"The Barn"" is the code name for the Princess' golden palace nestled outside the city of seven hills.

Thank you for your interest oh mighty Bison.
POST # 11/turnpikewarrior: Please use
the "Reply" Icon so that
I am "Alert"ed to your message. I only
caught it because Choochie quoted me
in a Post right below yours. To summon
me, outside of a Reply, you would need to
utilize the "@" symbol and Casuale Haber-
dasherTOGETHER: Casuale Haberdasher.
Of course, I Welcome "Conversation"/PM.

The "Irish Riviera" alluded to rests due
East of Golden Palace [festooned with
Cigars, Grey Goose&Fresh Limes...oh my!]
and South of Aforementioned 7 Hilled City
beyond that I must remind you of the
Nefarious Agents of The Kakanicky, that
DAILY pour over these Very Posts seeking
clues to Bostonian Bison's Home Base!
The Veiled Location on my Avatar is
designed to throw off the Minions of
Emperor @$$hat, misconstruing "NE"
as Northeast. "NE" to me comprises of
6 States...no offense to the Long Suffering
Victims of Hurricane Sandy residing in
"Breezy Point".

Meanwhile, I am ensconced on Marco Is-
land due South of my Roadside Cocoanut
Postcard Stand in Burrito Springs. The
Snowbirds are Arriving!

Merry:)Christmas from Marco Island, FL.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Not quite, I'd be dying trying to work just Lyft and Lyft isn't in MetroWest, Casuale, only Boston. I do more $$ in less time with Lyft. I do the prime time, also the people seem better so far and tip 40% of the time! thus far. Merry Christmas!
POST # 12/Choochie: Sorry if my attempt
to Assist
NUberer Jper resulted in an Inaccurate
Statement about Lyft.

Worcester Sauce ,
before his Swan Song in April WAS Lyfting
between Worcester and Boston. Maybe
in Worcester AND Boston? I know that
they have had to Retrench during 2015.

Which Drivers that you met at the
#[F]Uber "Free" Lunch are UPNFers?

Bison: Curious, in a Collegial Way!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
POST # 12/Choochie: Sorry if my attempt
to Assist
NUberer Jper resulted in an Inaccurate
Statement about Lyft.

Worcester Sauce ,
before his Swan Song in April WAS Lyfting
between Worcester and Boston. Maybe
in Worcester AND Boston? I know that
they have had to Retrench during 2015.

Which Drivers that you met at the
#[F]Uber "Free" Lunch are UPNFers?

Bison: Curious, in a Collegial Way!
Lyft is trying to build their market share in Boston and until they get more ridership they cannot go out of Boston proper. They never were in MetroWest or Worcester. If the sauce was "lyfting" he was ubering into Boston and turning on Lyft once there.
I saw hmmmmm at the luncheon and Welcome.2.WISTA. at the local Starbucks. Both have been on the Worcester forum but I think the latter is retired:( from guber or at least somewhat inactive. After they hired all of those drivers last summer he got fed up with it.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Lyft is trying to build their market share in Boston and until they get more ridership they cannot go out of Boston proper. They never were in MetroWest or Worcester. If the sauce was "lyfting" he was ubering into Boston and turning on Lyft once there.
I saw hmmmmm at the luncheon and Welcome.2.WISTA. at the local Starbucks. Both have been on the Worcester forum but I think the latter is retired:( from guber or at least somewhat inactive. After they hired all of those drivers last summer he got fed up with it.
POST # 16/Choochie: Thank You for the
Update and
New-2-Me Driver/UPNFer User Names.

Merry:)Christmas from Marco Island, FL.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I believe Taxi cab used a scare tactic. So don't pay attention or take a photo of his licence plate. I would pool my phone and take photos of his licence plate without saying anything, if he would say something, then I would have to show him golf club that I always carry in the trunk, that's it.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks folks!
According to Uber, Logan Airport does not permit Uber to pick up passengers from its facilities. Logan has very strict rules covering taxis and car services, requiring them to be commercially licensed and to pay a fee each time they come to Logan to pick up passengers. There is a separate central area where car-service drivers must wait until their passengers call.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts