Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys some of you might remember me I was a uber driver but I stopped driving on November since I thought this gig is not worth the risk anymore.

Anyways I made as income after uber cut: $7000
Gas was about - $1000
I also used my phone for 6 months so = 82x6 = $492

I unfortunately did not keep track of my mileage but from tax document of uber it shows = 7223 km

I am wondering how much I would have to pay CRA and any other suggestions?

Thanks and gracias amigos! Have a good day!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i didnt keep log, but..
i told the nice lady at the irs and she said that uber and lyft have an electronic log of all your miles, signed on, off line, online, and ontrip. so knowing that no way would these companies give to me, i just tripled the onride miles, checked the box for electronic logs, and used that figure, woo.hoo, i lost money and was able to write off the loss from my other income. if i get audited, the irs will request the info.

ps. have been self employed many years, been audited twice, they never even questioned it.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
For those filing 2016 taxes, do you declare the gross amount that Uber put in the tax summary or the amount that you receive in your bank account from Uber? Please let us know. Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
For those filing 2016 taxes, do you declare the gross amount that Uber put in the tax summary or the amount that you receive in your bank account from Uber? Please let us know. Thanks.
It's "income" tax so you would enter what you get in your bank account.

Better yet - talk to tax guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts