Uber Drivers Forum banner

Tax refund

Tags
refund tax
2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  UberPig 
#1 ·
Anyone knows which tax agent that specialty on uber around Perth? Do you think you can get good money on your tax refund if you try to get max claim on everything possible? I keep receipts on everything when I spent on uber expenses.

#8 ·
Hey jessandnicky try this website for doing your tax return, looks quite good I might use them:
http://www.drivetax.com.au/ you can thank me later :)
GG website seems ok, price a little high at $280 for an Uber return esp if u are organised as I believe you would be.
Good page on expenses to be claimed, not so sure about the Spotify fees and I like the reminder to estimate parking fees under $10.
But for newbies and those uncertain about gst and IT go for it, am pissed I havnt set up something similar :(

#13 ·
Do you have other employment as well as Uber? It's likely that you'll have a tax bill not a refund, no tax is withheld with Uber. Depending on your circumstances and other employment it may reduce your taxable income in turn lowering your tax bill and some drivers will experience quite the opposite where Uber income pushes their taxable income into a higher tax bracket.

Your GST payments are due quarterly and are separate to income tax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.