Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I have been doing uber for a month on top of my full time job.

How do I sort out the tax for Uber and what can I show as expenses.

My taxes have always been paid y my employer so I'm not sure how to do it.

I want to pay as little tax as possible.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Either you are very stupid or over clever....
But one thing I am sure after reading your previous posts that you are not fit for this "Business" mate.
Go back to your minimum wage job and that is the best advice I can ever give you...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But one thing I am sure after reading your previous posts that you are not fit for this "Business" mate.
Go back to your minimum wage job and that is the best advice I can ever give you...
Why is it stupid to ask a question? Also what makes u think I have a minimum wage job? Just because I do 2 job doesn't mean my other job is minum wage. I probs earn more than you do.

If you got nothing good to say then don't say it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, just because I asked a question I'm not fit for business lol. Mate who are you to decide I'm not fit for business.

We all gotta start somewhere and learn. Just because your a smartass doesn't mean we all are. I can easily get an accountant but I wanted to I derstand it first.

·
Registered
615 Posts
This forum is for constructive posts not the silly posts like some guys make.

Remember one thing that working as a minicab driver in London is a complete business. If you don't know the basics of this business than better do and work for someone or ready for the abuse from operators, customers, black cabbies, traffic wardens, police, bus drivers, White van drivers, cyclists, accountants, HMRC, and list is very long .

You need to have a some certain level of
cleverness to deal with all these things.

I have no problem with the new comers like you but if your learning speed is Zero than my honest request is you to leave this forum and learn by your own experience.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
That's a bit harsh in it? He's only asking a question! If you cant help him then you shouldn't really comment.
After all, that's what this forum is all about isn't it? We are all brothers in this! Peace to you.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Your best bet is to speak to an accountant, as you may get some well meaning opinions on here, but not facts, as each individuals circumstances are different.

An accountant will possibly save you at least what you pay them and hopefully significantly more.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello guys,

I have been doing uber for a month on top of my full time job.

How do I sort out the tax for Uber and what can I show as expenses.

My taxes have always been paid y my employer so I'm not sure how to do it.

I want to pay as little tax as possible.
Hey dont wrry about these pricks shoutin let them shout as they got nuthin else to do just ignore them. I have moved to uk in 2013 and had no idea whatsoever of the roads here and now i am working as a exec and doing very good , the only reason to tell u that you will learn and it will not take long if you really want to learn . Your tax really depends on how much you earning and if you have leased the car and whats the running cost , fuel etc so in short you go to different accountants i mean real accountants dont go to cowboys who are cheap but will put you in mess,tell them ur in/out money and than they explain what options you have . Just rememmber you must always ask why how and when to ur acountant and than just pick one whih makes sense .
Good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

I am in a same situation and working part time on along with my full time job. The best option which has already been mentioned is to go to an Accountant. What I have found out so far is to set up a limited company so this will be your part time business and then you can pay accordingly. If you do not go with this route then I believe you will end up paying lot of taxes as you have already consumed you tax free allowance with your full time job. I will go and see the accountant in couple of weeks time as I have some queries in this regard.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi,

I am in a same situation and working part time on along with my full time job. The best option which has already been mentioned is to go to an Accountant. What I have found out so far is to set up a limited company so this will be your part time business and then you can pay accordingly. If you do not go with this route then I believe you will end up paying lot of taxes as you have already consumed you tax free allowance with your full time job. I will go and see the accountant in couple of weeks time as I have some queries in this regard.
Yea, you pay about 10% more as you have to pay National Insurance (considering your on the basic rate tax band)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts