Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Taco Bell for dinner and nearly lost my appetite. Gone is the $1.00 cravings menu with the beef burrito. Closest is the Beffy Melt at $2.19 !::$;脳=+#$馃槨
This is an outrage, and although he has nothing to do with it, too bad. F U Dara!

Premium Member
True, however Taco Bell has been the worst. Only have seen very moderate increases at McD's and BK.
Well if it makes you feel better think of it this way. That beefy melt at $2.19 is still cheaper than the bottle of Pepto-Bismol that you鈥檒l need after eating that shit.:LOL:

A burger and fries can run you 15 bucks now at five guys

Premium Member
Minimum wage is pretty high now. Far too high to support the traditional fast food model popularized by the McDonald brothers.

Premium Member
Minimum wage is pretty high now. Far too high to support the traditional fast food model popularized by the McDonald brothers.
Its basic economics and simple math. You pay people $7.50 an hour to flip burgers that sell for $1 each and start paying them all $15 an hour how much you think that burger鈥檚 gonna cost then? $2 and thats only if the amount of burgers sold doesn鈥檛 decline, in which case it would be more than $2.

Premium Member
All these places are raising the prices by ridiculous amounts.
My wife and I hit up a McDonalds a month ago.

I know, I know.....don't ask me why. :rolleyes:

We each had a Big Mac (which has shrunk by about 33% IMHO), regular fries that have also shrunk, and a diet coke......$30 + tax.........used to be $25.........

Thankfully our favorite family run pizza joint still has a $12.99 large (12") pepperoni pizza available for pickup from TUE-THU.

Premium Member
At Taco Bell for dinner and nearly lost my appetite. Gone is the $1.00 cravings menu with the beef burrito. Closest is the Beffy Melt at $2.19 !::$;脳=+#$馃槨
This is an outrage, and although he has nothing to do with it, too bad. F U Dara!
I'm sorry this is such a financial burden for you.

If you start a go fund me I'll help you out..

the bottle of Pepto-Bismol that you鈥檒l need after eating that shit.
.............not to mention the can of Ozium that he will need to cover up the resultant flatulence...............................

On the other hand, I suppose that if he wants to kick out someone, all that he will have to do is let loose one of those famous Taco Bell aisle-clearers. He will not even have to tell the customer to get out of his car.

We each had a Big Mac (which has shrunk by about 33% IMHO), regular fries that have also shrunk, and a diet coke......$30 + tax.........used to be $25.........
Thirty loons is just under twenty four greenbacks.............still expensive..................

Thirteen loons for the pizza is not bad, just over ten greenbacks for a thirty centimeter pepperoni.

Reactions: ANT 7

Registered
Its basic economics and simple math. You pay people $7.50 an hour to flip burgers that sell for $1 each and start paying them all $15 an hour how much you think that burger鈥檚 gonna cost then? $2 and thats only if the amount of burgers sold doesn鈥檛 decline, in which case it would be more than $2.
It's funny how you are trained to blame rising prices on your fellow workers receiving a decent wage, instead of on the greedy executives who run these companies and who receive multi million dollar salaries plus multi million dollar bonus packages. If executive salaries were reduced, prices would not have to be increased.

Since the early 1980's, working class wages in the United States have remained remarkably stagnant, while executive compensation has exponentially increased. Commensurately, the standard of living for the vast majority of Americans has markedly declined, while the lifestyles of the top 10% have become ever more luxurious and extravagant.

This is precisely why Uber and Lyft drivers are essentially working for 1980's taxi cab rates, while Uber and Lyft's executives are raking in at least five to ten times the salary of their 1980's counterparts. What is essentially occurring is a systematic devaluing of labor, particularly among rank and file workers and middle management, with a corresponding over-valuation of executive and upper management roles.

This has happened because of several factors, not the least of which is the weakening of labor unions which has consequently weakened the ability of American workers to collectively bargain and obtain more favorable conditions. The transfer of many skilled labor jobs overseas has also significantly contributed to this overall trend.

Premium Member
I would lose my appetite after eating at Taco Bell too

Premium Member
All these places are raising the prices by ridiculous amounts.
I personally think we are slowly seeing the effects of the massive money printing.

Much of it is hidden. For instance, new cars at low selling prices near MSRP for the base model simply aren't in stock. Only ones with fancy dealer upgrades at a major increase in cost. The value of my used cars are selling for 2-3 times what they were prior to the pandemic.
I just bought a Raspberry Pi computer for $150 (I needed it for school), which was $45 before the pandemic. (Still listed at $45 at official distributors, but not in stock).
Taco Bell has gone from $1 to $2.19 for their cheapest item.
. Rent is up (20%+). Wages have increased substantially (20-50%).

Altogether though I feel total inflation is WAY higher than official numbers. Officially the government may say 7% inflation. Yet hardly any items I can think of have only gone up in price by 7%, and nearly everything that hasn't gone up in price is always out of stock.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts