Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
660 Posts
I have an iPad mounted in the back for passengers. I currently lock it on spotify so they can choose their music for the road but not wander around the iPad. I also have an iPad mounted on the headrest with a slideshow I created through Keynote. I can control it on my iPhone mounted in the front.

A few things:

If you do use a tablet in the back, find a sturdy mount. The PAX will touch it and move it and sometimes try and remove it. I think people are very curious on how it's mounted and whatever else.

If you do streaming on it, make sure you have a data plan that will allow it. I know some months I can use 5-10GB of data.

I've had my iPad for 8 months in the back and haven't had any issues with it being stolen, but there are adhesive locks you can buy that will deter any thievery.

About the tipping, you can use Square as a few of my hairdresser friends use it for tips. There is a module you can buy where they can also use Apple pay / chip cards. I probably wouldn't recommend you allowing the passengers to manage the tipping by themselves. I don't know how secure the Square dashboard is and you wouldn't want them messing up your info. You would ideally want to keep the Square app or whatever on your phone and if they wish to tip, let them swipe the card but you do everything else.

· Registered
660 Posts
I've heard of other ad generating revenue systems, but I probably wouldn't use it. I don't think passengers want the "taxi" experience. My slideshow that I created is a minimal / unobtrusive guide on how to better use Lyft / Uber. It also has dinner ideas and such. I also don't think people would use the tip option. I think those who really want to tip will have cash available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.