Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanna see what the magority of Uber drivers use as carrier cuz I've had t-mobile for about a year now (it's been ok), but when I started doing airport pick ups it literally goes down to 1 single bar in the whole pick up waiting lot :( I check in, I get my pass and drive slowly waiting for some ping but most of time doesn't kick in, so I park in the middle of the lot and watch other drivers who came after me pass by drive straight out right away, meaning they got a ping right when they got in the lot (and after few minutes I get a ping, sometimes until I log off and log back on and wait for several minutes).
t-mobile! What'should wrong wit you?! .. I guess I'll switch to at&t or Verizon.
So I wonder what those drivers who get a ping right away use as carrier?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have T-Mobile and I've never waited 1 minute to get a ping. I don't even need to check in.
What do you mean you don't even need to check in? You still need to get the pass from the first agent.
Or maybe you mean you get the ping right when you drive into the logan waiting lot while in your way to the first agent to get the pass? Or while you're in your way leaving the logan waiting lot?

·
Registered
804 Posts
What's bars got to do with anything? That's only for voice. TMobile offers a primo 4G LTE unlimited data plan. That's what connects you to Uber/Lyft. Works for me all the time. I don't even have a high-speed wireless router anymore. I have the unlimited data plan through T-Mobile and now I just run my PC and Roku off my phone by using it as a high-speed wireless hot-spot via the 4G LTE connection whenever I'm home.

·
Registered
346 Posts
What do you mean you don't even need to check in? You still need to get the pass from the first agent.
Or maybe you mean you get the ping right when you drive into the logan waiting lot while in your way to the first agent to get the pass? Or while you're in your way leaving the logan waiting lot?
I meant every time I get a ping as soon as I drive into the waiting lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts