Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided I'm going to put Uber out of business and I feel like I have figured out how to do it.

The passengers will get the same exact treatment except prices will be about 20% higher.

Some changes will be

Ratings: If the passenger rates below 5, 4 stars and it will come up with a prompt asking if they were dissatisfied with the trip so much so that they accept to never ride with that driver again. The following ratings will prompt a comment option.

It will have an option to tip the driver after they have finished the trip and once the driver has moved a certain distance away.

The drivers will have their GST, Tax and super paid, they will be treated like employees.

Now the reason people will swap..

It took me a while to think of a hook but trust me when I say it will be both beneficial to the passengers and their city for them to use this Ride sharing. This is definitely a post 2-3 years away from the actual product but wait for it :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will the drivers get paid hourly? Dawg you should integrate Tinder/Synk into ride sharing :D
Nah it will still be based off of rides but with tax, gst etc covered by us, the extra 20% should cover drivers. Plus they would have super paid :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Rather than aim to put Uber out of business...
Aim to provide a better service!!!! ????? There will always be the people happy to save 20%. Maybe a lot of them. Personally I dont care about super and I'm happy to pay my own tax... but the gst would be helpful.
Just like to earn a reasonable income from the hours I work and not feel exploited

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rather than aim to put Uber out of business...
Aim to provide a better service!!!! ????? There will always be the people happy to save 20%. Maybe a lot of them. Personally I dont care about super and I'm happy to pay my own tax... but the gst would be helpful.
Just like to earn a reasonable income from the hours I work and not feel exploited
The system I've sat down and penciled out will actually make it better for drivers and cheaper for passengers regardless of the 20% pay rise and we will maintain surge or identical systems to Uber at the same time. I ran it past a business mate of mine, investment wise, it's never going to be a share holder company but as a subsidiary of Synk, it's invaluable

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
The system I've sat down and penciled out will actually make it better for drivers and cheaper for passengers regardless of the 20% pay rise and we will maintain surge or identical systems to Uber at the same time. I ran it past a business mate of mine, investment wise, it's never going to be a share holder company but as a subsidiary of Synk, it's invaluable
Good luck, I'd give it a go.

·
Registered
83 Posts
All you have to do on the costing side to give drivers a better cut of the pie is to charge less than the 20% that Uber charge.
Lift the Kilometer rate slightly and there you go. The drivers will go to who will pay them the most. Simple.
Your biggest problem will be trying to get market share for an unknown company just like Shofer is now.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All you have to do on the costing side to give drivers a better cut of the pie is to charge less than the 20% that Uber charge.
Lift the Kilometer rate slightly and there you go. The drivers will go to who will pay them the most. Simple.
Your biggest problem will be trying to get market share for an unknown company just like Shofer is now.
I've figured out how to get the market share with higher fares

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've decided I'm going to put Uber out of business and I feel like I have figured out how to do it.

The passengers will get the same exact treatment except prices will be about 20% higher.

Some changes will be

Ratings: If the passenger rates below 5, 4 stars and it will come up with a prompt asking if they were dissatisfied with the trip so much so that they accept to never ride with that driver again. The following ratings will prompt a comment option.

It will have an option to tip the driver after they have finished the trip and once the driver has moved a certain distance away.

The drivers will have their GST, Tax and super paid, they will be treated like employees.

Now the reason people will swap..

It took me a while to think of a hook but trust me when I say it will be both beneficial to the passengers and their city for them to use this Ride sharing. This is definitely a post 2-3 years away from the actual product but wait for it :)
You're spot on with what's needed to make ridesharing fair and equitable, but I'd advice you to move more quickly than 2 - 3 years,as I suspect others will be looking towards adopting the same business model, the main issue being marketing and brand recognition. For instance it's conceivable Shofer could alter their business model slightly and adopt this system, both for their vehicles and drivers wishing to use their own cars, but yep, an excellent business model.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're spot on with what's needed to make ridesharing fair and equitable, but I'd advice you to move more quickly than 2 - 3 years,as I suspect others will be looking towards adopting the same business model, the main issue being marketing and brand recognition. For instance it's conceivable Shofer could alter their business model slightly and adopt this system, both for their vehicles and drivers wishing to use their own cars, but yep, an excellent business model.
Nah honestly there is no way Shofer, Uber or any other company can copy me. This is designed in such a way that no one ever would, all part of my (Littlefinger) - GoT long term plan to achieve certain goals

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the GoT reference. clever.
However it goes lets hope you could get operational sooner rather than later.
I have just been on the Shofer FB page to see what they are giving away this week.
They are still trying to drum up trade with giveaways. How are you going to compete with that.?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the GoT reference. clever.
However it goes lets hope you could get operational sooner rather than later.
I have just been on the Shofer FB page to see what they are giving away this week.
They are still trying to drum up trade with giveaways. How are you going to compete with that.?
I won't have to give away anything :D. Honestly this will be done in a way that literally benefits the passenger to use it over any other ridesharing, it will look after its drivers so drivers won't use other platforms although they can if they wish and the government will get behind it 100%

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
If the passenger rates below 5, 4 stars and it will come up with a prompt asking if they were dissatisfied with the trip so much so that they accept to never ride with that driver again.
Why bother with stars then, just go thumbs up and thumbs down.

Thumbs up = Good ride, do it again. No issues.

Thumbs down = Issues, never pair me with that driver again etc.

You'll still have a % of 'good' rides to measure the drivers on and boot them out by, just like uber does.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts