Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Australia the tipping etiquette is totally different than the USA.
In >1500 rides I've received maybe 3 tips and two of those were Americans being dropped at the airport...

But I'll give you a good tip..
Be kind to your wife's mother...
Lol.thats a good tip.thanx

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
And then my most recent pax, an Anerican here for a conference, tips me a tenner for a minimum charge trip.
But then again I did him some good tips re taking photos near Circular Quay... But my suggestions were given freely, but the tip was graciously accepted.:)

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
one time a punter dropped his wallet behind in cab, this guy had also tipped me like 5 bucks for an average fare

anyway had business card in there so rung and told him to come round my place to get it, so he was sending his partner

I told my wife that someone coming while I was at work, but not to take any tip as they already had for fare

the lady wanted to give ten bucks when they turned up but got waived away

I am full of these little stories... but avenig really loving your log

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey folks, just curious

From Houston
Got 130 last Sat night. Kinda spewing cause it's like winning the lottery and I would much rather have had that luck go towards WINNING THE LOTTERY. But oh well. The pax who tipped me a fresh 100 green apple (our hundred notes are green)must've been cursing me when he woke up but still gave me 5 stars cause I also got a 5 star weekend. **** must be good luck but knowing my luck I have to drive for uber to get such luck. Only drive weekends.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got 130 last Sat night. Kinda spewing cause it's like winning the lottery and I would much rather have had that luck go towards WINNING THE LOTTERY. But oh well. The pax who tipped me a fresh 100 green apple (our hundred notes are green)must've been cursing me when he woke up but still gave me 5 stars cause I also got a 5 star weekend. &%[email protected]!* must be good luck but knowing my luck I have to drive for uber to get such luck. Only drive weekends.
He prolly dont even remember giving you money. But thats cool. You didnt steal, you earned it! People here in America barely tip their uber drivers like 1 out of 50 rides. Its sad and disturbing!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not sure this is called tips, more like a reward.... Pax dropped his Rado watch worth of $3K and gave me 150 bucks inside sealed envelope... Although I said no need... Hmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts