Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sydney / Homebush / DFO

I had a recent experience. My first time going to DFO and failed first time attempting to pick up pax.

If picking up or dropping off at DFO Homebush the following may be of assistance.

As advised by DFO Information Desk there is only one pickup/drop off point.
It is located at the front of the building on Underwood Road (Pic as above and Green X in pic below).

For pickups, the pax needs to take the stairs down from the food court.

If you are travelling north on Underwood Road (towards Sydney Olympic Park) - turn left into DFO before the roundabout. You cannot enter DFO if travelling south on Underwood.

If you are travelling west on Homebush Bay Drive - take the DFO exit ramp then turn left into DFO and left again down the DFO service lane which gets you to the front of the building.

If you are travelling east on Homebush Bay Drive or south from Sydney Olympic Park take the roundabout then turn left into DFO and left again down the DFO service lane which gets to the front of the building.

If you reach the boom gates - you have missed the service lane.

Exit onto Underwood Road but only by turning left.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Westfield Burwood NSW

Spoke to Service Desk at Burwood Westfield regarding drop off/pick up areas.
There are three pedestrian entrances to the shopping centre.
(main on Burwood Rd, back on Shaftesbury Rd and side on Victoria St)
Burwood Westfield.jpg

(Above pic is on the corner of Burwood Rd and Wilga St taken on Burwood Rd from Burwood Park)

The only location, which has just been sign posted as drop off/pick up, is in Victoria St (Green X) on centre side
There are two ways to get there.
1. Travelling West on Victoria St from Shaftesbury Rd (towards Burwood Rd)
2. Turning left from Burwood Rd into Victoria St if travelling South (away from Burwood Park)
You cannot turn right into Victoria St from Burwood Rd if travelling North (towards Burwood Park)

The only way to exit is East on Victoria St towards Shaftesbury Rd (there is no exit access out onto Burwood Rd)

Burwood Rd entrance has traffic lights, bus zones and nowhere legally/safely to stop
Shaftesbury Rd entrance has traffic lights, bus zones and nowhere legally/safely to stop
Wilga St is No Stopping nearest Burwood Rd and limited parking nearest Shaftesbury Rd (and no stopping along the centre side)
There are traffic lights at Park Ave and Burwood Rd, Wilga St and Burwood Rd, Shaftesbury Rd and Victoria St

Burwood Rd and Wilga St have heavy traffic much of the time.

If dropping off, suggest you get pax to exit well before getting to the centre.

Westfield.GIF

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Westfield Burwood NSW

Spoke to Service Desk at Burwood Westfield regarding drop off/pick up areas.
There are three pedestrian entrances to the shopping centre.
(main on Burwood Rd, back on Shaftesbury Rd and side on Victoria St)
View attachment 37026
(Above pic is on the corner of Burwood Rd and Wilga St taken on Burwood Rd from Burwood Park)

The only location, which has just been sign posted as drop off/pick up, is in Victoria St (Green X) on centre side
There are two ways to get there.
1. Travelling West on Victoria St from Shaftesbury Rd (towards Burwood Rd)
2. Turning left from Burwood Rd into Victoria St if travelling South (away from Burwood Park)
You cannot turn right into Victoria St from Burwood Rd if travelling North (towards Burwood Park)

The only way to exit is East on Victoria St towards Shaftesbury Rd (there is no exit access out onto Burwood Rd)

Burwood Rd entrance has traffic lights, bus zones and nowhere legally/safely to stop
Shaftesbury Rd entrance has traffic lights, bus zones and nowhere legally/safely to stop
Wilga St is No Stopping nearest Burwood Rd and limited parking nearest Shaftesbury Rd (and no stopping along the centre side)
There are traffic lights at Park Ave and Burwood Rd, Wilga St and Burwood Rd, Shaftesbury Rd and Victoria St

Burwood Rd and Wilga St have heavy traffic much of the time.

If dropping off, suggest you get pax to exit well before getting to the centre.

View attachment 37027

Would you believe I had a lady going to David Jones and I entered the upstairs carpark and dropped her off at the David Jones elevators. She was very happy.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to just go into the car park, and meet on a defined level? Most shopping centres will give a couple hours free parking.... I did a pickup and pax wanted to stop at the shops in Coogee, it was pouring with rain, so I advised that we should go into the car park, in the end, the pax paid the parking ticket, this one has no free parking :(
In any case, pax was really happy, they got to do shopping, and didn't get wet. I was ok, they were pretty quick, but really would have preferred to avoid the wait. I think times like that it would be nice to have a better chance of a tip, but then I really dislike the tipping culture in the US, so I should be careful what I wish for...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts