Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 minutes free parking isn't long enough at the International Airport Express Pick Up Zone. I am sick of having to leave at 14 minutes because I am still in the queue. You then have to drive 1km around the airport and go back in. Why not give Uber drivers 30 mins free? Every time we do the loop it adds traffic and congestion to the road and wastes fuel for no reason.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
15 minutes free parking isn't long enough at the International Airport Express Pick Up Zone. I am sick of having to leave at 14 minutes because I am still in the queue. You then have to drive 1km around the airport and go back in. Why not give Uber drivers 30 mins free? Every time we do the loop it adds traffic and congestion to the road and wastes fuel for no reason.
maybe because there is no way of identifying which cars are uber drivers, and if they are drivers which ones are actually working at the time

·
Registered
321 Posts
The waiting area on the other side of the river has plenty of available free street parking spots and is a quick two mins in when pinged.

Also there is a faster way to do the loop if you prefer to stay at the express pick up. Take the exit closest to the overpass bridge. And keep right and cut through the customs office car park.

Then your loop around is very short

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The waiting area on the other side of the river has plenty of available free street parking spots and is a quick two mins in when pinged.

Also there is a faster way to do the loop if you prefer to stay at the express pick up. Take the exit closest to the overpass bridge. And keep right and cut through the customs office car park.

Then your loop around is very short
i thought that road was restricted access?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree however as others have mentioned how to you decide which car are Uber.

Yesterday I was waiting near the Mercure. I always send a SMS telling them where to go. I never rush as many people order using the free internet in the terminal. (especially tourists who don't have an Aussie sim card. I sent SMS and called them but phone did not respond. Off course they were not there. I walked around the car park yelling out their name with no luck. At the 13 minute mark I jumped back in the car and just then they turned up. Threw the bags in the car and just made it without having to pay. (they couldn't speak a word of English). Uber should tell the pax. not to order car until they are ready in the car park. Also I was double parked as there was no parks available.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had an international drop off this morning and got a pickup ping just as I started to drive off from departures.

Pickup car park was full, must have been busy or just not enough car around!

·
Registered
254 Posts
You are not suppose to wait in the Express PickUp area, P7 or P9 for that matter. Wait around/near Flora St or Innesdale Rd. Only move out once you receive a job and it should take you no more than 15 min to pick up your PAX and get out of there.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are not suppose to wait in the Express PickUp area, P7 or P9 for that matter. Wait around/near Flora St or Innesdale Rd. Only move out once you receive a job and it should take you no more than 15 min to pick up your PAX and get out of there.
The thing is that i was positon 1-10 in the queue so expected a trip quickly but it was over 45 mins.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The thing is that i was positon 1-10 in the queue so expected a trip quickly but it was over 45 mins.
Being the 1st 10 cars in the queue doesn't always mean there are enough PAX waiting. It's best to wait outside in the future to avoid looping around. With international, you have to learn the time of the day and where all the planes came from to make an educated guess if waiting for a pick up is worth you while.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thats why I dont do the airport pick ups...

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Wait in Flora street Arrncliffe then SMS pax if they are in the express pickup area , wont take 10 minutes to board and drive

·
Registered
287 Posts
Never had a problem at international pick up at least the 15 mins is free, both pick ups have inadequate signage as to uber pick up area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts