Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its the new car wash close to Airport in their first week of operation. I have used their services and would rate them 4.9 star lol.

The deal looks like this.

Car washed cleaned inside out with usual hand cleaned, dried, tyre shine, perfume/ freshner sprayed etc.

Free coffee / tea (good quality not coles / 7-11types)

Sparkling Toilet - If you are after a clean dunny as me. LOL

$12 for normal sized sedan and hatchbacks. $15 for vans or 7 seater etc.

Address: Budget Car Wash, 1041 Botany Rd Mascot
Contact person Allan (i am new here let me know if I can post his number ) You can mention my name or that you are Uber driver to get the deal. Pls be bit discreet as they have normal clients whom I suppose they must be charging more.

Opening time 8am to 6pm. (Will be extended to 10pm in few weeks)

Give it a go and post your reviews if you like.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO car wash or other tunnel wash services have known to damage the car parts specially antenna mirrors or anything else poking out. Heard they not good for paint either.

I think IMO also has DIY wash and vaccum extra. I have seen many cabbies washing at night time but in other location of IMO. You can drive past and check at IMO airport.

There are few DIY on Princess Hwy cant tell off hand.

· Registered
998 Posts
IMO Airport has DIY wash and vacuum that is coin operated

Havent had any issues with $6 car wash but some have complained about scratches etc
Have used IMO in past and they left a large scratch down the side of my car - when I complained they initially denied it happened, except I vacuumed first so was sure there was no scratches on my car before, then they said something about the car before me causing it, eventually contacted their head office - it took about 8 calls to speak to a manager called Paul, who then nearly begged me to put it thru on my insurance !! Finally ended up getting a buff polish to get the scratches out !! Their customer service is as bad as Uber ! That was the last time I will ever put my car thru an IMO carwash. Another person told me that they are really old technology and that the guy has to manually raise the brushes over the car which is dangerous - the new washes have automatic eyes to stop damage . Pay some more and either hand wash yourself or go else where !

· Registered
470 Posts
So its the new car wash close to Airport in their first week of operation. I have used their services and would rate them 4.9 star lol.

The deal looks like this.

Car washed cleaned inside out with usual hand cleaned, dried, tyre shine, perfume/ freshner sprayed etc.

Free coffee / tea (good quality not coles / 7-11types)

Sparkling Toilet - If you are after a clean dunny as me. LOL

$12 for normal sized sedan and hatchbacks. $15 for vans or 7 seater etc.

Address: Budget Car Wash, 1041 Botany Rd Mascot
Contact person Allan (i am new here let me know if I can post his number ) You can mention my name or that you are Uber driver to get the deal. Pls be bit discreet as they have normal clients whom I suppose they must be charging more.

Opening time 8am to 6pm. (Will be extended to 10pm in few weeks)

Give it a go and post your reviews if you like.
Used this one today, did a great job. Will use again.
Didn't realise it was the one you mentioned.
Will ask for Uber discount next time.

· Registered
1,299 Posts
How many people (when you wash your own car) or car washes actually dry the car properly afterwards? I seem to spend more time drying the car off after than it takes to wet and wash. Especially wiping dry the "inside" of the doors/sills and boot. I've never had a car wash (hand car wash) where they have done all this properly. Or does nobody care and just let it dry in it's own time?

· Registered
724 Posts
How many people (when you wash your own car) or car washes actually dry the car properly afterwards? I seem to spend more time drying the car off after than it takes to wet and wash. Especially wiping dry the "inside" of the doors/sills and boot. I've never had a car wash (hand car wash) where they have done all this properly. Or does nobody care and just let it dry in it's own time?
I dry my own car. And this place at Mascot dries the car too. Honestly, they are great.

· Registered
7,543 Posts
IMO car wash or other tunnel wash services have known to damage the car parts specially antenna mirrors or anything else poking out. Heard they not good for paint either.

I think IMO also has DIY wash and vaccum extra. I have seen many cabbies washing at night time but in other location of IMO. You can drive past and check at IMO airport.

There are few DIY on Princess Hwy cant tell off hand.
IMO have had a few HCs that have slipped off their conveyer into the walls/equipment. This happened in their early days. I haven't heard of any instances recently but I do know but they gave the drivers hell in the process of getting damages paid for.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.