Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon TNC drivers. As you are aware, Austin TNC Drivers have recently united against the unfair business practices of TNCs (UBER, LYFT). We are meeting regularly and we are finally ready to fight for our rights. Last night the members have overwhelmingly voted to participate in at least one Boycott during SXSW. It will be next Tuesday March 15, 2016. Please join us in this movement for better pay and better representation. We are not alone, other organizations have reach out to us with their support. With their help, we will get things done here in Austin. Please visit our website in facebook, search AustinTNCDriversUnited. At this website you will find a link to become a member. After becoming a member, you will be rerouted to our super secret facebook forum page. Make yourself count.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Since the Austin Prez is new to UP ... here are the links:
Join = http://tncdriversunited.org/join ... you can join from any TNC city ... as we are separating people based on the market they serve.
Austin TNC Drivers United on FB = https://www.facebook.com/AustinTNCDriversUnited/

*other TNC drivers associations ... PM me to get access to the members in your market that joined TNC Drivers United.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wish the best for your protest and support it, but i imagine with all of the out of towners arriving to work sxsw that it will take A LOT of drivers protesting to make a difference. The last couple days of sxsw would be ideal to protest imo. People will be trying to fly home and a bunch of the out of town drivers will have gone home already with $, leaving fewer drivers than when sxsw started

·
Registered
211 Posts
Only a dipshit wouldn't work during SXSW.
Obviously a noobie.
Obviously thinks the current rates are grandiose.
And did I mention that if you don't agree, keep your snide remarks to yourself.
Now go fill up your tank and enjoy the next week and a half because after that you will be wondering why you even bothered signing up to drive.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I wish the best for your protest and support it, but i imagine with all of the out of towners arriving to work sxsw that it will take A LOT of drivers protesting to make a difference. The last couple days of sxsw would be ideal to protest imo. People will be trying to fly home and a bunch of the out of town drivers will have gone home already with $, leaving fewer drivers than when sxsw started
Yep. One of our chauffeurs saw one with Colorado plates picking up at a hotel this morning.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fellow UBER's, it don't matter how may drivers remain from out of town. UBER will see that local drivers did not work, and that makes a bigger impact. We are not only boycotting this Tuesday, we are boycotting every Tuesday leading to the May 7th election. Look at this way, if we get together and win this battle, we will be making twice as much next years events. Open your mind, think about the future. No, UBER will not leave town, they made 27+ million dollars in their first year. They have tripled that since, we are their second biggest market, they will not leave. Besides, Travis has investors to deal with now. GET INFORMED, ATTEND OUR MEETINGS, VISIT OUR WEBSITES AND DO NOT DRIVE ON DESIGNATED BOYCOTT DAYS IN SUPPORT OF DRIVERS.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Fellow UBER's, it don't matter how may drivers remain from out of town. UBER will see that local drivers did not work, and that makes a bigger impact. We are not only boycotting this Tuesday, we are boycotting every Tuesday leading to the May 7th election. Look at this way, if we get together and win this battle, we will be making twice as much next years events. Open your mind, think about the future. No, UBER will not leave town, they made 27+ million dollars in their first year. They have tripled that since, we are their second biggest market, they will not leave. Besides, Travis has investors to deal with now. GET INFORMED, ATTEND OUR MEETINGS, VISIT OUR WEBSITES AND DO NOT DRIVE ON DESIGNATED BOYCOTT DAYS IN SUPPORT OF DRIVERS.
I get your intent, but a boycott will only ensure the out of towners and extreme part timers earn more money. Passengers don't care about your situation. That's obvious. If they have to wait more than five minutes, they will use Twitter to whine about it, someone from Uber will respond "oh no ,sorry to hear this!! DM your trip details and we'll look into this", on to the next ride. IMO, an IPO is the only thing which will expose the company for what it is. Otherwise, funding will still likely decline, as will quality and availability, but it will take a couple of years. There is a pretty thick layer of polyurethane on top. As long as they remain in political fights, they are enjoying massive free advertising. I am sure they will ride this wave through the 2016 election period, at the very least.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts