Uber Drivers Forum banner

Is it cheaper to keep the same plates when not working for 3 mos.

• Keep the TL&C plates for the 3 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Switch to the passenger plates for 3 months

• Try to figure out through idiots at DMV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone whats up. I wanted to ask if any of you had experience with this. The reason I am interesting in ubering is because I like being an independent contractor. Same reason I do real estate. I like to take time off ( 3 months at a time ) I usually head down to South Florida late January - April and not work. What I want to know is if anyone here switches their insurance back to regular driver when not working. What is the procedure? Do I have to get new plates every time I switch back and forth if I do it annually. I was thinking ordering a custom plate for TL&C license plate and for passenger license plate because I know DMV will store custom plates,, as opposed to getting new plates everytime. I don't want to pay $550 in insurance January - April when I am not working and can only pay $130.

Anyone who takes off Ubering for a months please let me know what the procedure is.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Hey everyone whats up. I wanted to ask if any of you had experience with this. The reason I am interesting in ubering is because I like being an independent contractor. Same reason I do real estate. I like to take time off ( 3 months at a time ) I usually head down to South Florida late January - April and not work. What I want to know is if anyone here switches their insurance back to regular driver when not working. What is the procedure? Do I have to get new plates every time I switch back and forth if I do it annually. I was thinking ordering a custom plate for TL&C license plate and for passenger license plate because I know DMV will store custom plates,, as opposed to getting new plates everytime. I don't want to pay $550 in insurance January - April when I am not working and can only pay $130.

Anyone who takes off Ubering for a months please let me know what the procedure is.
You could probably pay $30.

My liability costs me like $108 / year.

And in CA it comes with 3500 uninsured motorist coverage, begging the question why you want full coverage on a non-new vehicle anyway.... In my case, for an accident with repairs >3500 it would just be more reasonable to sell the vehicle as a total for 6000-6500ish

PS and I -have- gotten the full 3500, no deductible, out of them. For a hole in the bumper cover and a bent muffler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts