Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
We don't need to swtich between Uber and GC. We can run both of them at the same time. GC has taken all of UberX drivers, all I had to do was send my Uber Partner app screenshot. But the only time I got GC ping was in 1.5x+ Uber surge zone/time.

I am intrigued by their base rate but I don't expect they gain any popularity. GC is already irrelevant in ridesharing industry.

After all, cheapskates are cheapskates and they are always looking for cheapeast possible transporation.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
It will take some time before GC catch up to Uber's level. Remember that uber was like that too in its early days, and even today I still had riders taking uber for the first time.
There will a challenge as long as there are low life ants willing to take the uber base rates. Hopefully these ants will realise they can't make enough money after filing GST, taxes and running expenses.
I believe GC has worked out that the most sustainable rate for driver is minimum 1.4x surge (which is exactly the min surge I would accept a ping)
New first timers are usually on referral bonus. GC don't have that kind of money to lure them.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Don't ever say Uber can't be knocked off. I've just come back from SE Asia and Grab is beginning to dominate over Uber because:

• They are no more expensive than Uber
  • The driver's commission fees are lower than Uber
  • They provide bonuses and incentives to drivers (No BS)
  • There is an option for the passenger to pay by cash instead of card. Cash nearly always attracts a tip (ask any taxi driver)
  • At the moment they are insisting on higher standard for their drivers and their cars
Most of the drivers I spoke with had tried Uber and moved to Grab and don't even have the Uber App installed anymore
Same fare to the pax, lower service fee to the driver. Absolutely that's not the case of GoCatch nor Hi-Oscar, etc.
SE Asian market is different from here. Indonensian Uber drivers make AU$10 per day.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I am going to show what i earn weekly roughly,this is what rideshare drivers should be on,not the rubbish they work for earnings.If this cant be done then quit.Simple fact do as i did,and choose and stop the losses.

So know stop the losses and dump the ridesharing,simple!i am not going to cry and i show my face and arent scared to try anything.it works it works,if not DUMP IT!
Hey GM, how can I get the job? Is there a licence required?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Most of you are missing my point! Uber can be challenged and beaten in their own territory if a company has deep enough pockets to outperform, both from a driver and a passenger's perspective. Grab have proved that in SE Asia and I don't see why it cannot be done here.
SE Asian countries have cheap but competent long hour working IT developers/operators, so they could copy and compete with Uber at a lower service fee. Ask any of IT developers there how much they make. With 1 Aussie developer's salary, they may employ 20(30?) of them there.

As you may be aware of that, I am one of those who eagerly wants Uber smashed, but Australia simply don't have that kind of competitiveness.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Uber are zilch without drivers
GoCatch is already dead because they don't have any pax. The most important part of ridesharing business is pax. No pax, no drivers. Don't you know why Uber is still pouring money to lure new pax?

Uber base rate is so exploitive, that's why every ant is chasing surges and sometimes even develops cheating techniques. Surge is what paxs hate the most, but it is the vitamin to drivers. Pax were lured by the base rate, but they actually pays surge. I enjoyed 1.8x 30km trip this morning, which ended 10km away from my home.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I've had my first GC driving experience today and it was excellent. The new rates are absolutely great. A 7 minutes trip about $14.50. Yes they lack the passenger numbers but that can change overnight if they get more support from drivers.

They even emailed me later to ask for my bank details so they can deposit the money.

Those that continue to stick with Uber deserve what they get. It is time to make the switch, everyone!
Is $14.50 total fare or your payment? Don't fib. How can you drive more than 10km in 7 minutes?

BTW, Don worry. Because GC accepted any drivers with Uber screenshot, most of all Uber drivers already have GC account. GC already had a lot of driver pool but lost 99.999% of them because there are no pax and thanks to their WONDERFUL driver support. Everyone here already knows it.

No screenshot or it never happened. You GC fibber.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.