Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm moving to California in the spring. I tried learning about LA driving and procedures on the Uber website but I'm not finding the answers to my questions. I wanted to find out what the process is of switching states, if I need anything special on my window (in Illinois, we need a Chicago city emblem), but I especially wanted to find out what rideshare driving is like in southern California. I've tried Googling 'california uber heat maps' but I've only found two.

In Illinois, everything is centralized in Chicago. I used to live 40 miles west of the city and would usually end up there by the end of the night, then switch to Lyft with the destination filter to make the 2 hour ride home, otherwise I'd get someone wanting to go to Downtown at 2am.

In California, it looks like everything is spread out. No matter where you are, someone is going to need a ride. I'm not sure what my question is. I guess I'm just wondering what the hot spots are and what the rides are like? Do you mostly stay in one area or are you brought all over the place? Any advice? If any California drivers can weigh in, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm moving to California in the spring. I tried learning about LA driving and procedures on the Uber website but I'm not finding the answers to my questions. I wanted to find out what the process is of switching states, if I need anything special on my window (in Illinois, we need a Chicago city emblem), but I especially wanted to find out what rideshare driving is like in southern California. I've tried Googling 'california uber heat maps' but I've only found two.

In Illinois, everything is centralized in Chicago. I used to live 40 miles west of the city and would usually end up there by the end of the night, then switch to Lyft with the destination filter to make the 2 hour ride home, otherwise I'd get someone wanting to go to Downtown at 2am.

In California, it looks like everything is spread out. No matter where you are, someone is going to need a ride. I'm not sure what my question is. I guess I'm just wondering what the hot spots are and what the rides are like? Do you mostly stay in one area or are you brought all over the place? Any advice? If any California drivers can weigh in, I'd appreciate it.
You should post this in the Los Angeles/Orange County forum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.