Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
They try to use that same bullshit excuse for not paying you cancel fees.
Yeah, I hate when they try that excuse, I just say what was I suppose to do? Usually it’s at a big event and I tell them nothing could be done, after the third or fourth time I submit a help request they normally give me the cancel fee

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
One day I was switched several times in a row, and ended up with the original passenger again. Another day the poor passenger messaged me "please don't cancel, I'm late for work" and I was switched off her 5 seconds later. It's crazy. I'll be almost to the pick up, then get switched to a trip further away. I had a passenger complain about it last week. They see it happening on their end, and assume it's us canceling.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I just got Gold rewards, which is nice but... Will they still switcheroo on you on rides accepted with trip info?

Say you accept a ride only based on it going NW 20min, but then Lyft does the "Lyft pickup changed" and the pax you pick up is going SE 6min... Does that happen?

You should be able to decline a switched pax without penalties.... Otherwise makes the gold rewards really frustrating and half useless

·
Premium Member
8,103 Posts
I just got Gold rewards, which is nice but... Will they still switcheroo on you on rides accepted with trip info?

Say you accept a ride only based on it going NW 20min, but then Lyft does the "Lyft pickup changed" and the pax you pick up is going SE 6min... Does that happen?

You should be able to decline a switched pax without penalties.... Otherwise makes the gold rewards really frustrating and half useless
Yes

I don’t actually know but I would be shocked if the answer was anything but yes.

I had this argument with Rohit-9000.

I want the cancel removed… I would never have accepted a ping that far away from me or from a passenger rated that low…

“you can cancel anything”…

And get I still got a warning for canceling too many already…

seriously if it wasn’t for the broken high garantee I got to come back it wouldn’t be worth doing at all.

But maybe if I had accepted more than .5% of the pings lyft sent I might have done better?

yeah I seriously doubt it. In 10 minutes I would decline two 20+ minute away pings 3-5 10-15 minute pings a couple 5-10 minute pings and get a sub 5 minute ping.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Loved getting the switch when you're on your way to a hotel where there's high probability of an airport run for a nice fare only to be diverted to some loser going 3 miles down the road.

·
Premium Member
1953 Kaiser Dragon (LS swapped)
2,651 Posts
Yes. Or it can be SE 80 minutes. Use your destination and time filters strategically to limit how badly they can screw you with switcheroos and auto-queued rides.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
My question is, does turning on LAST RIDE prevent the switcheroo? I think someone posted that it does. Can anyone confirm.

Lyft just granted me gold status. Being a weekend only driver most of the time I pay no attention to the various promotions, as they can never be achieved. But by some fluke I have gold, which to my amazement gives up the feature driver's have been shouting for since the beginning; dest. info.

And as NLD alluded to, after finally offering a worthwhile feature, Lyft instantly shoots itself in the foot by continuing with the switcheroo. If it wasn't a blind switcheroo that would be OK. Throw up the request, including the dest. info, and let the driver decide to accept or reject the switcheroo, and then Lyft may have a decent incentive to drive for them. Especially since the Uber take rate (at least in CA) is now equal to or greater than the Lyft take rate.

Let drivers examine the switcheroo. And let drivers examine any queued rides. Show the dest. info for both types. I actually had a triple-switcheroo today all in one stream. Ran me from one end of town to the other, twice. And empty. Stop it!

• Love
Reactions: NewLyftDriver

·
Premium Member
1953 Kaiser Dragon (LS swapped)
2,651 Posts
Let drivers examine the switcheroo. And let drivers examine any queued rides. Show the dest. info for both types.
Add "let drivers set their own fare multipliers" and you would actually have a system by which otherwise money-losing garbage trips might actually be accepted, instead of pax being repeatedly canceled on by drivers whose time has just been wasted by Lyft's hide-the-ball tactics.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
When a passenger selects express pickup for $20 more, Lyft reroutes nearby drivers, punts other passengers, and pockets the $20.

Neat, huh?
I’ve experienced this..Grfyt will pick kick regular ride pax to the curb for express ride pax..so instead of picking up Joe College from the dorms I get re routed to get Visting Prof from Marriott for airport run…at times this works out for me

21 - 33 of 33 Posts