Uber Drivers Forum banner

Suspended license from unpaid traffic fines.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  WollyDriver 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

My dad is looking into uber to supplement his income. He has a NSW drivers license from Queanbeyan. He can change to ACT if he wishes.

He's had his license suspended in NSW from unpaid traffic fines a few time but it was reinstated the day after.

Would this have a major effect on him going onboard with uber or is it easier for him to get an ACT license? Thought I'd ask here first before dealing with the uber robots.

Also we both use the same car, both our names are on it but in the ACT you can only have one name so it's under my name as the sole operator.

I'll post this in the ACT thread as well.

Thanks

#2 ·
There should be no issues with the licence if it has only been suspended due to unpaid traffic tickets, i have had a few of those when i got approved a couple of months back :)

Will he be planning to drive in sydney or queanbeyan?

As i am not sure about the CNB / QYN crossover... as its two different states...

Other people here should know.

#3 ·
One of my friend had his license suspended in past in NSW and uber refused to sing him up as a driver unless he can go and get the DA from RMS.
Which means if RMS have no problem issuing him DA uber has no problem letting him drive for them.
But I don't know how it works in ACT.

#7 ·
He's had his license suspended in NSW from unpaid traffic fines a few time but it was reinstated the day after.
Thanks to Jack Malarkey link, was this more than 5 years ago? Regardless if it was a day or not, a suspension is a suspension.

you meet the following driver history requirements:
  • no licence suspensions in the past 5 years
  • no drug or alcohol infractions at any time in your driving history

#8 ·
Cheers guys! He's just curious about the whole thing and the fact Queanbeyan is in NSW just makes the waters so much murkier.

Canberra office has crappy opening hours but apparently they'll be open on Monday so I'll send him in then and Alex can sort him out properly

#9 ·
Just another anecdote (thought this is probably old news)...
I've had multiple license suspensions (NSW) for nonpayment of parking fines. I was approved by uber and initially, and since then have my DAC. Also had a speeding fine (>15km/hr) within the past 2 years and still no issue (thats the only points I've lost recently), on average one speeding fine every 3 to 5 years it seems :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.