Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. What do you think about the Anti- Corona measures and the changed policy of Uber?
  2. Are the Corona Virus Sick pays really payed and how much did you get payed? (If you got Covid-19) What are your experiences?
  3. Do you get ressources to protect yourself as an Uber Driver, or did you have to take care about having protection by yourself? And does Uber check if you don't follow the measures?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
No, its just for my research about how Uber got effected by the Coronavirus. I am a Student and thought to ask UberDrivers is the best option.
It's ok to come out and say that then...where you are a student...what you are studying...etc...you'll get better responses.

I'm guessing most people are going to answer like mine:

1) It's all for PR. Uber doesn't care about drivers.
2) Nobody got it because nobody got sick. The one or two people that did get sick didn't apply for fear of permanent de-activation.
3) Nope. Uber didn't offer to or send me anything (unlike some other gig companies like GrubHub who has been setting a pretty high bar lately).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's ok to come out and say that then...where you are a student...what you are studying...etc...you'll get better responses.

I'm guessing most people are going to answer like mine:

1) It's all for PR. Uber doesn't care about drivers.
2) Nobody got it because nobody got sick. The one or two people that did get sick didn't apply for fear of permanent de-activation.
3) Nope. Uber didn't offer to or send me anything (unlike some other gig companies like GrubHub who has been setting a pretty high bar lately).
Thanks for your advice mate. So at least that you know it, i ´am from Germany and i am studying Management and Media in munich. We have the assignment to write an scientific paper about the effect of the Coronavirus on online labourmarkets and we decided to take uber as example

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
I got 2 weeks pay when I was sick. However, it took about five messages with support to get it sorted out so was a bit frustrating. My account was de-activated for 15 days as a safety measure. I got 10 masks in the mail last week. They have sent us a dozen or so messages and app updates about covid-19.

That's the whole story for me.

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
  1. What do you think about the Anti- Corona measures and the changed policy of Uber?
  2. Are the Corona Virus Sick pays really payed and how much did you get payed? (If you got Covid-19) What are your experiences?
  3. Do you get ressources to protect yourself as an Uber Driver, or did you have to take care about having protection by yourself? And does Uber check if you don't follow the measures?
1. No biggie. Two questions and a selfie isn't any trouble. Requiring masks just makes sense.

2. Never applied.

3. Uber sent me a small supply of earloop masks. No charge. And i have a supply of sanitizer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts