Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone drive in the Baytown, La Porte area? If so how many folks are using Uber out there?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I live in Pasadena on the beltway near 225 so not far from LaPorte. Pings out here are few and far between but you can get them. There are no surge zones out here and the guarantees will never apply here...unless it's by some miracle.

Most rides will take you from here down to the Clear Lake area or back into Houston (at least in my experience). I once got a ride from Channel View all the way to Pappasitos off Richmond. The only bad thing is you have to come back here each time to pick up if you have no permit for Houston.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Pasadena on the beltway near 225 so not far from LaPorte. Pings out here are few and far between but you can get them. There are no surge zones out here and the guarantees will never apply here...unless it's by some miracle.

Most rides will take you from here down to the Clear Lake area or back into Houston (at least in my experience). I once got a ride from Channel View all the way to Pappasitos off Richmond. The only bad thing is you have to come back here each time to pick up if you have no permit for Houston.
Thanks for the info. I'm further out from Houston than you so I really do not look forward to the TNC hassle.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's not that hard
1. Day 1 - Go to the Uber office pick up your packet / Pee in a cup / Do your City DL check / Buy your fire extinguisher. - Half day spend about $120ish
2. Day 3 - Pick up your test results / Take your docs and go to the permitting center (3 hours later) and you are done. if you get to the permitting center before 10 on wed/Thur you will be done faster. If it rains reschedule step 2. They don't do inspections in the rain. -
3. Day 4. Go to the (IAH) airport and get your airport sticker - this step is optional ( you can now pick up from both airports)

I started step 1 in feb and finished step 3 in Aug lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts