Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the last few months I began driving for Lyft on a very part-time basis. I have only 60+ rides under my belt. Now that I am comfortable enough with being a ridesharing driver, I decided to also drive for Uber. I was surprised to find out that as soon as I passed the background check that I did not have to take my car in to get inspected nor have someone observe me driving like I did with my Lyft "mentor" (I don't understand why they call them that...I have not seen the gentleman since). With Uber there was absolutely no human contact at all. Is this the norm?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow...so after just a successful background check Uber is partnering with thousands upon thousands of drivers sight unseen. If it didn't just happen to me, then I would find this incredible.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Wow...so after just a successful background check Uber is partnering with thousands upon thousands of drivers sight unseen. If it didn't just happen to me, then I would find this incredible.
Uber has secret shoppers. I've had Uber employees request rides. You can somehow tell that they are.
And sometimes during the ride, they tell you.
So believe me, you won't be sight unseen for long

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was wondering if either Lyft or Uber uses secret-shoppers! Still, it is amazing they would decide to partner with a driver without first checking the vehicle and getting some kind of reading on what kind of person we may or may not be before final approval.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would imagine it might also depend on a few other factors which may not be public. The vehicle you are presenting, your age, or the results of the background check. I provide a 2014 model vehicle so I attributed the no-uber-contact-prior-to-approval to the new car and my older age. And most importantly... how desperate they are for drivers in the area. They were advertising quite a bit in Charlotte so I'm sure my application one night, and driving the next, had something to do with their supply/demand.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Within the last few months I began driving for Lyft on a very part-time basis. I have only 60+ rides under my belt. Now that I am comfortable enough with being a ridesharing driver, I decided to also drive for Uber. I was surprised to find out that as soon as I passed the background check that I did not have to take my car in to get inspected nor have someone observe me driving like I did with my Lyft "mentor" (I don't understand why they call them that...I have not seen the gentleman since). With Uber there was absolutely no human contact at all. Is this the norm?
It was the same for me in Omaha...no human contact or vehicle inspection--just boilerplate onboarding emails throughout the process. Strange isn't it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts