Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
World Map Font Art Urban design
Does anyone ever happen to see this on their dashboard this is for jersey drivers only
I was in Hoboken and I was getting surge info from the city
Crazy right

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Looks like there may have been a bug. We shouldn't see any New York information, even when we are in NY the heat maps won't show. Must have been an issue. My guess is you got an update shortly after, or one will be coming soon. Had some bugs myself last night and around 10:30 last night all of a sudden I needed to update the software. Who knows what they are doing at times.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a jersey driver with jersey plates and I was online in Brooklyn
I drop someone off and the app did not shut down it stayed on ready for pings lol
Good news right
Maybe we can work in Brooklyn just not in the Manhattan lol
Would not be nice
But I did not a ping on my way back into jersey area app went off in Manhattan like always

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
I drop someone off and the app did not shut down it stayed on ready for pings lol
Good news right
Would not be nice
But I did not a ping on my way back into jersey area app went off in Manhattan like always
You won't get any hits in NYC. A shame lyft couldn't break the TLC stranglehold on NYC. It would have been nice to be able to do rideshare in NYC.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I got a 2.7 surge ride today when the map was clear of anything. The rider was pissed and I myself was confused, as it was pretty dead an hour before I got him.

I've been seeing a lot of what you guys have been seeing too though.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I got a 2.7 surge ride today when the map was clear of anything. The rider was pissed and I myself was confused, as it was pretty dead an hour before I got him.

I've been seeing a lot of what you guys have been seeing too though.
I happens to me to. Clear screen and get a high surge ping!!! That is nice for us but the rider knows before accepting the ride. If they don t want it they should not accepted. A 2.1 surge is exactly like a taxi price so I don r know why they cry about it

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I happens to me to. Clear screen and get a high surge ping!!! That is nice for us but the rider knows before accepting the ride. If they don t want it they should not accepted. A 2.1 surge is exactly like a taxi price so I don r know why they cry about it
Oh yeah, the jerk was crying how his $5 ride was now like $9... Seriously just call a cab next time you scum.

Give an inch, they want 9 lol.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Good news right
Would not be nice
For whatever reason NY always allows you to log in, however if you go to the rider app you are not visible. This may be because if we drop from NJ we get kicked off, then log back in and close out and rate the ride. Then it appears that we are online, even when you logoff it says are you sure you want to log off, very misleading. Then when you get back to NJ the app kicks you off and you log back in on the NJ portion of the app and ready to accept rides at that point. The question is whether it logs that time in NY as online time when we get the summaries.

Other places, like Lehigh Valley, PA when you drop off and go back online it says that you are not authorized to drive in that area. You then have to wait until back to NJ before rating the ride. Really strange but that's what happens with the different regions.

The worst part is that even upstate NY like Rockland and Orange counties we can't even do any pickups, even though it is not the city. I guess TLC has a stranglehold over the entire state.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For whatever reason NY always allows you to log in, however if you go to the rider app you are not visible. This may be because if we drop from NJ we get kicked off, then log back in and close out and rate the ride. Then it appears that we are online, even when you logoff it says are you sure you want to log off, very misleading. Then when you get back to NJ the app kicks you off and you log back in on the NJ portion of the app and ready to accept rides at that point. The question is whether it logs that time in NY as online time when we get the summaries.

Other places, like Lehigh Valley, PA when you drop off and go back online it says that you are not authorized to drive in that area. You then have to wait until back to NJ before rating the ride. Really strange but that's what happens with the different regions.

The worst part is that even upstate NY like Rockland and Orange counties we can't even do any pickups, even though it is not the city. I guess TLC has a stranglehold over the entire state.
Thanks for the explanation

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Friday afternoon was crazy with surge do to the rain along the Hudson River
Ecoregion World Map Line Atlas
World Ecoregion Map Line Atlas
World Ecoregion Map Yellow Atlas

·
Registered
624 Posts
I take Surge @@ times with a grain of salt. I was in 2.8 surge area with 10-12 cars on driver app and once its gone guess what all Pings sent out with non-surge pricing (I refused the non surge request and went offline lol ) If you notice on PAX app surge says demand is at all time high we are getting drivers out on the road blah blah blah then in small fine print this rate will apply for a measily 2 minutes auto notify when the rate drops So Guess what savy Uber riders hit auto notify.

·
Registered
579 Posts
It's red everywhere right morris to somerset to princeton to jamesburg now.. not a single ping in the last 30 min.. way too many fake surges.. i'm siting at home for the past hour in the red zone.. now a single ping.. Uber Blows

·
Registered
164 Posts
I confirmed uber manipulates surge on different drivers apps which also confirms my theory that uber filters rides to certain drivers
Last night I arrived in Hoboken approx 1145p I pulled up next to a uberx driver who was unaware of my presence he had his phone clear as day on the dashboard that showed Hoboken was surging I was at the Traffic light in shock because my app was completely blank I even logged off and back just make sure

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
You have to remember one thing because it’s surging don’t mean the pax is going to request a ride. hahaha

That’s the one misconception with surge. Most riders will wait it out. The only time this isn’t true is the bar crowd after closing. They will take the surge.

and bad weather.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That is the obvious about the pax I'm referencing the fact that I saw another driver on the same area I was at the same time his phone reflected surge and mine did not
Please explain that

1 - 20 of 48 Posts