Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Guys, you are missing the point. Uber knows some of you won't drive at 1.2x Boost. That's why they are pushing UberPool! They need fewer drivers and they end up making more money because of the combination of the UberFee and the fact that they profit if they can fill all four seats in your cars. Okay, then it surges but everyone takes UberPool keeping their costs in line, and meanwhile Uber is no longer having to pay pay per trip or per hour incentives. This is not to say they will not offer incentives for busy times like Halloween and New Years, but they generally will not offer incentives. Uber can pay to hire the best number crunchers, and this is their plan. Whether it will work or not, will depend upon how many of the drivers who are desperate and have no other options will take UberPool customers. These aren't you and I UberSaur, these are the folks you see at the Uber Forestville office.. and trust me most have no other options.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
What do you mean by these are the people you see at the forestville office?
Those soon-to-be-activated new drivers at Forestville are future Stool Pidgeons that don't know any better, and will do those Stools all day long.. Then 3 weeks later, they will quit when they can't make rent, when their cars break down or when they realize they are making $7.00 per hour after expenses.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
That's about what it looked like when I dropped someone off in Arlington last night. I live near Baltimore so unless that guarantee is well above 1.2 and I have a ride that puts me in that area, it isn't worth me driving down for it. I can log more trips that will get the bigger incentive by not wasting that time. How long are they gonna offer the incentives? Who knows. If it's good and I'm there I'll work it, otherwise I stick to my more common areas.

Still trying to figure out how to avoid the pool crap. I started getting pinged after my drop off and kept thinking is it a pool or not? Who cares it's 11:30pm and I'm tired with an hour drive home. OFFLINE.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts