Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past few weekends, I have not seen any surge pricing. Is Uber getting away from it or due to summer travel and/or college kids flooding the market on summer vacation?

·
Registered
27 Posts
They changed the surge pricing to "dynamic" pricing which has just about eliminated any surge. You'll still see it a little at 2am on a Saturday night but that's about it. I haven't driven Uber in about a month and have no plans on going back unless I see more surge come back. This for many has been another 20-30% pay cut but as long as people keep driving then Uber will keep f****** drivers from behind with no vaseline.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
It's likely Uber, which isn't running blind like drivers are, are just adjusting for the market. You can bet they're crunching the numbers for users and soliciting comments for feedback. Since the Charlotte market is "thrifty," to put it politely, they're probably just taking things down a notch to keep the people riding.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There were several surges over the weekend. Certain things will trigger them. Major events, concerts, sports etc and everyone looking for a ride at closing time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts