Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that surge does not always work, and yes, often it disappears as you are about to reach it, or you get a call in a different direction just before you reach it... the latter of which is really just luck.

However these picks show shenanigans. there was another, but when I went to show it to someone else... it finally showed up in my "+ on next trip." so I did not include it. That one was actually at the airport.

Product Communication Device Orange Font Gadget

Mobile phone Telephony Telephone Mobile device Communication Device

We all pretty much know better than to chase surges.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've found that If your trying to part the red sea, turn your app off until you get positioned. If your approaching a zone with app on, surge will fade faster. If everyone practiced turning the damn app off once in awhile, surges will last longer and be more plentiful.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly... may or may not which is just wrong. If you are there, you should get the surge. To add, yesterday I dropped off my pax, as soon as I rated them the surge screen flashed back on, then off. One thing not to have a surge, another to show it and then not pay it.

It also stinks when the guy sitting next to you shows you that he is showing surges all over, but there are none on your app.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts