Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I wonder what the date of the first Uber payout complaint was. Long before I started and finished driving for these companies.
I'm actually surprised people are willing to pay this kind of money to get driven around in the average Uber/lyft shitbox. That's the real mystery.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,785 Posts
Whose car are you calling a shitbox, buddy? My Tercel has spinner hubcaps and the pax like it on their 3x surged ride

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good job you nitpicked a few rides. now do the math for all your rides in a week or day and see what uber total cut % is. when i do mine it always comes out to be 25-35%. You made $47 in 50min, thats $57/hr. Are you expecting $80/hr ? Dude you work for a company lol they dont work for you. If you were in their shoes, you'd take more trust me, we all would

Sometimes they lose, sometimes they take 20%, sometimes they take 60%, no one knows why or how. Just focus on you and what you can control.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good job you nitpicked a few rides. now do the math for all your rides in a week or day and see what uber total cut % is. when i do mine it always comes out to be 25-35%. You made $47 in 50min, thats $57/hr. Are you expecting $80/hr ? Dude you work for a company lol they dont work for you. If you were in their shoes, you'd take more trust me, we all would

Sometimes they lose, sometimes they take 20%, sometimes they take 60%, no one knows why or how. Just focus on you and what you can control.
View attachment 628339
I’m talking about surge. I know how to do the stats. The last thing I care about is $/hour.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I’m talking about surge. I know how to do the stats. The last thing I care about is $/hour.
Yeah i agree i dont really care about the $/hr, its the $/mile thats most important and looks like youre making $1/mile BEFORE gas, deductions etc, thats a bit yikes... Did you see what i attached? they are taking 40-50% of rides with no surge and surge. no one knows why or how they are getting these cut % from. The only thing we should be caring about is how to increase our earnings - and that doesn't mean uber will start to take 10% or whatever you want lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
wanted to take an uber to my car when i landed. Ended up taking the bus but still confused why so much difference.
Map Ecoregion White Light World

Product Map Font Slope Parallel

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Tercel
2,785 Posts
Your driver would have gotten about $25 of that regardless of what the sticky amount advertised.

Outside the airport, probably around $30.

Most drivers on this forum seem to be pretty clueless about how that works.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts

View attachment 628339
The issue is they take more % on surge rides which makes people tip less... back in the day we got 75% period, so it is messed up, but there is nothing you can do other than not drive... or take only short high dollar surge rides.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
The issue is they take more % on surge rides which makes people tip less... back in the day we got 75% period, so it is messed up, but there is nothing you can do other than not drive... or take only short high dollar surge rides.
Do they pay for the snow tires?
It's been 30°-40°

·
Registered
493 Posts
I mean yeah i get it they are taking more, im not arguing that and its obvious, it comes out in the math. But they are also showering us with promotions, quest, ctbs, surge stickys, etc. Back then in 2016 the normal was $20-25/hr, gross lol. $30/hr was unheard of and extremely lucky, even with non tipping pax and their 25% cut. Today you see screenshots with $40/hr considered on the low end and $30/hr NET considered to be a bad week. And thats with them taking more than 25%, so explain that ? I feel like drivers today dont understand how good they have it compared to before

Past 10weekends I've been back, all +$40/hr gross. Past few weekends its been in the $50-60/hr gross - that's with them taking 25-40% so how can I or anyone complain ???

1 - 20 of 92 Posts