Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Uber People,

Hope you all had an enjoyable or money-making long weekend!

A close look at "My Uber Income" (thanks ricdam!), I've noticed that just 7 weeks ago, and for many weeks prior, my surge income was averaging $-180-200+ on top of my base fare earnings.

However, for the past 7 weeks, my surge income has been basically averaging $40-50+. Bare in mind, nothing has changed in my driving strategy; I drive core areas and core times.

So just out of curiosity, what are you guys averaging for surge income these past few weeks/months, or since the introduction of Upfront/Fixed Fare?

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Hey Uber People,

A close look at "My Uber Income" (thanks ricdam!), I've noticed that just 7 weeks ago, and for many weeks prior, my surge income was averaging $-180-200+ on top of my base fare earnings.

However, for the past 7 weeks, my surge income has been basically averaging $40-50+. Bare in mind, nothing has changed in my driving strategy; I drive core areas and core times.

So just out of curiosity, what are you guys averaging for surge income these past few weeks/months, or since the introduction of Upfront/Fixed Fare?
Surge is suppress by competition from other share ride companies like Ola and Taxify . It make sense to take a ride with ola or taxify when Uber is surging . Competition is good just the way the driver wanted it . We should be very happy as this is the competition we wanted it .

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Hey Uber People,

...it is upfront price,uber is under paying drivers,regardless what anyone says...that is why I have stopped driving for uber,but still registered...if I'm bored or taxify p!$$ me off I might come back...

·
Premium Member
10,270 Posts
I don’t think you can determine income based on surge.
Surge is being manipulated by Uber anyway,
Plus taxify and Ola will suppress surge..

You should look at your earnings over the week with number of hours driven..

My earnings is up 30% compared to last year
thanks to taxify and Ola

·
Registered
697 Posts
Uber hates surge and loses money on it. That's why we have upfront pricing because rider is more likely to request trip when they see exact price. In bad old days rider would see 3X and get confused then they got bill and they weren't happy.
Remember the lady got charged $700 New Year's eve from City to Quakers Hill? When Uber broke into the market surge was a marketing gimmick that got them free publicity. Now surge is a negative with the taxi industry running a campaign based around surge (with Taxi only surge you get is Serge driver).

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I don't think you can determine income based on surge.
Surge is being manipulated by Uber anyway,
Plus taxify and Ola will suppress surge..

You should look at your earnings over the week with number of hours driven..

thanks to taxify and Ola
Yes up 30%...but that's because you are doing uberXL...it pays $2.30 per km.
That's pretty good, considering taxi is $2.19 per km.
By the way...You haven't told me yet what XL vehicle you have?

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
It will disappear just it has almost over here in Perth.
I've given up driving eirly Sunday mornings as why would you without earning a little more for it.
Rideshare compition, is and can only be bad for drivers.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Winter has bypassed Sydney, the weather is not cold, backpackers and tourists are all around NSW. I don’t understand, have f..ng no clue why would my surge income might have decreased.

Who cares the surge income the fs.. how unimportant things you guys are talking about.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
Hey Uber People,

Uber earnings increased till about 2014-2015. After that it's been a gradual slide downwards, with NO CPI increases, increases in driver numbers and other services.

·
Premium Member
10,270 Posts
Yes up 30%...but that's because you are doing uberXL...it pays $2.30 per km.
That's pretty good, considering taxi is $2.19 per km.
By the way...You haven't told me yet what XL vehicle you have?
Craptiva from Maven

I do XL on weekends only,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks to taxify and Ola
I'm really starting to think I should now consider doing at least Uber & Ola together. I must admit I haven't joined Ola yet. As my "net payout" or weekly income for Uber hasn't changed, just only in the sense I have to drive a bit longer hours to make the same amount.

Who cares the surge income the fs.. how unimportant things you guys are talking about.
I understand if English isn't your firstborn language, but my brain actually hurt trying to understand what you're saying there champ.

Uber earnings increased till about 2014-2015. After that it's been a gradual slide downwards, with NO CPI increases, increases in driver numbers and other services.
As I've heard and read. Unfortunately I joined only in Nov 2016. But even then, earning metrics weren't too bad then. My Uber Income shows average of $47-55ph.

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
I assume you are talking about black here. UberX income wasn't that great in the first couple of years unless they were offering incentives. I stopped driving X during that period because I thought my car had became too old (it didn't, they changed their requirements) and because the money just wasn't there, even on weekends. It is much busier now.

I agree with the OP, surge is much less but my earnings are up because booking are up. This past week, with the exception of Queens birthday Monday, which was dreadfully quiet, I have been pretty much flat out doing trips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts